Sign in to follow this  
Guest aca_dia

Real Weather - Is it possible to extend the data further from airport?

I notice that when I am using real world weather tha FS9 does not fill in the blanks very well. For example last week New England had some impressive rainy, windy, low ceiling days. The metar data for each airport was fairly accurate, but once you get 10 miles away from a given airport it would clear up until I got close to the next airport with a Metar.Anyway to extend each airports metar data so that it overlaps or meets the next?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi, I agree completely with this message : I observed that in FS9 weather, a lot of weather stations do not send their METAR message, and the interpreted weather comes back to a standard environment, that is : clear sky, no wind, temperatures 15/12, pressure 1013 mb and infinite visibility. I flew yesterday in southern France, where the (real) weather was horrible (rain, overcast), but FS did allow me to fly in summer condirions. That was good for my optimism, but not for "as real as it gets".The situation becomes a little better with FSMeteo (it seems to grab more METAR messages than FS9), but there are sometimes problems in their interpretation.Does someone have a better idea ?Alain