Sign in to follow this  
Guest Knikolaes

Posky 757 VC and Lonnie Payne panel

Has anybody merged the two successfully yet? I'd love to get a panel.cfg that allowed both.ThanksEric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Guest P3_Super_Bee

Yes, was quite easy too. Just copied the VC section of POSKYs panel.cfg file into Lonny's panel.cfg file. But if you're not into messing around with .cfg files then search this file name here at the avsim library: posky_b757-200_panel.zip Christopher Dittmar has done all the work for you.On a side note: reading the file discription it also looks as if Chris has rolled all of the nessesary files needed to be FS2004 ready, as well as all the updates into one package.

:-outta

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".- unknown
"My daddy gives me up, to fight for you"- a US Military Members Child

Guest LonzoTWA

I am actually playing around with making the VC my panel. I am not sure how long this will take or When it will be available but, I have made some progress. It won't be 100% functional with all of my gauges because I am limited by the number of "holes" for gauges that are in the models VC.Lonny

Guest Knikolaes

There are some bugs with the panel package that I rolled, but I am working on manual fixes for those and should have them worked out possibly this weekend.The panel, however, is definately more realistic and fun when used instead of the 777 panel. The known issues are:FMC only displays top half:This is actually not an issue. This is normal. This is actually a guage that displays flight information and aircraft stats such as V-speeds based on current loadouts, flight plan, etc. You cannot manually input information into this FMC nor place a flight plan via the FMC. It is just a display guage.Fonts hard to read:Some have trouble reading this panel, some do not. In either case I may edit the BMP to make the panel more readable and user friendly without changing the arrangement or any guages.Nav 1 not displaying or usable.This was an issue with Lonny payne's panel, and I made no changes in the 2-D panel to respect his work. There is a second radio stack with all usable radios (it is the default 747/777 radio stack) available by shift+2.Any other input is MORE than welcome :-) I will be using all input and comments to make a better modified panel combining Lonny Payne's wonderful work with POSKY's awesome aircraft in the future.I would have it sooner, but I just moved and do not as yet have my FS computer hooked up to the internet or LAN here, and I have been checking my emails using my fiance's father's computer. I promise I will take the time between now and when I get my machine internet-ready again to plan out the upgrades needed for a re-upload of the panel.Cheers and Clear Skies to you :-)Christopher N. Dittmar

Guest lawyerpilot

Lonny, is there anyway at the very least to fix the unfunctioning Nav 1 radio on the 2-d panel? It is one of the biggest things so that I can shoot an ILS...Thanks for your hard work!CBCommrcial ASEL Instrument

Guest LonzoTWA

Hi,There is a file calsed "aircraft configuration" that is located in the DOCS folde that will explain how to fix this.Lonny

Guest LonzoTWA

Have Fun and.....Good Luck! We're all counting on you!!!Lonny

Guest Knikolaes

Sweet, Lonny. That is very nice. That is my only drawback on panel making is that I have no idea at all how to put guages into the VC :-) Looking forward to your work!!!!Chris