Sign in to follow this  
jerryuscg

Where is the FDC Live Cockpit Forum

I know this isn't the correct forum, but I cannt find the Flight Deck Compannion Live Cockpit form????? The book says its under: Commercial support forum hosted by Avsim, but I cann't find it. Anyone know where it is??Someone here might know my answer. In Fs2004 using FDC Live Cockpit:"I know that I have missed it, but I've looked and looked and I can not find it. I have been working off and on for three weeks trying to get this new FDC Live Cotpit set up. There are about 40 different announcements that I want to use. At first I was going to setup every thing manually but then I saw on the "startup" window of FDC were setting where that you could enter the DEPARTURE, BOARDING and 1st ANNOUNCEMENT times....... but HOW and WHERE ?"I cannt figgure it out by myself and I can not find the instructions on how to set it up.I'm trying to start cold at the gate in the LVLD-767-300. I'd like to be able to set the boarding and departure times, key the call, "attendant, seat the cabin", then have the "boarding sounds" start and then proceed with my check lists.Would someone please tell me either / or lead me to the instructions on how to do this. Thanks for your help.

Jerry, I posted the url link yesterday on your earlier post here -- the forum was working fine then. I just contacted the developer to tell him the support forum is down. It will be back up as soon as Dave can bring it up. My FDC is currently tied up in a flight so I cant look at the GUI, but what you want is there. I think it's on the very first page under the first button. Read all the options there, and help is available if you hover the mouse cursor over each option.Good luck!

Thanks Chuck... I was reading the PAPER instruction book. I'll try the PDF one. Just the same, do you know how to set the DEPARTURE time? Thanks jerrycwo4

What version of FDC are you using? I'm using 3.14, which is the latest version. The Help files were not made to go with 3.14, but with a version many years back, so there are discrepancies between what you see and what it says in the manual.On my main FDC screen, I only have a departure time, and I can choose between a delay/countdown and an actual departure time (FS local time). If you use a delay of say 30 minutes. The 30 min countdown will start as soon as you connect FDC to FS. Then the rest will play based on that countdown. For example, Cabin Info settings, to start say 5 minutes before departure, then they would start after 25 mins.Alternatively, you can set a local time. Say 4:30PM (FDC seems to use a 24hr clock, so that would be 16:30). Naturally, you'd want to set the sim time earlier than that, to say 15:45. If you use the same Cabin Info setting, the announcements would then start at 16:25PM.So on the main screen, set a delay/countdown or local time, everything else, Cabin Info and User Files will play accordingly.Personally I start the announcements manually with a key combo. Because I never know when exactly I'll be flying, I start up the sim in advance to get AI going.Hope that helps.Edit: just in case, check out "Q: I have FDC version 1.0 on CD, how do I update it to the latest version?" of the FAQ, it's the fourth Q&A.

Mike...

Hi, Jer! The only place I set the departure time is on the opening GUI -- where the little clock/countdown timer is when the program opens -- there should be up and down arrows to adjust the time, with two radio buttons with the following choices: "Time of Departure", and "Time Until Departure". I usually set it for 20 minutes or 25 minutes to departure. Since I can't fly without FSPassengers' brake squeal effect, I just use the cabin announcements from that addon.Hope this helps!

Hi Guys how about having some info about FDC Live Cockpit! 2011` User files when you read the Manual it's a verble jungle Ok got the half of itIt took me so long to make the The cabin announcements, and why put software on the market that has hardly if any INFO except for the Manual of verb jungle. Maybe it's me please can somebody do something to ease my frust.

Ps. 03 4 in mins. ok but where, you have 4 holes where you can write them in.

Niloc