Sign in to follow this  
Guest jase439

APP Mode with POSKY 757

Guest jase439

I've been flying some approaches in FS9 in the new POSKY 757 (using the stock 737 panel). I've noticed that engaging APP mode exhibits the annoying habit of disengaging ALT HLD and causing the nose of the plane to drop as it turns to intercept the localizer, even though the GS has yet to be captured (i.e. I am still well below the glideslope). The A/P continues to track the localizer just fine, but if the glideslope is not available for immediate capture, ALT HLD is incorrectly cancelled anyway and the nose is simply allowed to fall (or go whereever the trim would have it - which is generally "down" on an aircraft trimmed for descent). I have to explicitly intervene everytime I click APP, rearm ALT HLD, and then wait for the glideslope to "descend".It seems like APP mode is no longer an "armable" A/P mode :( Not sure if this is just an FS9 wierdness, or if its related to the POSKY aircraft. This is the first time I've even used a stock FS panel since installing FS9. 3rd party panels seem to have no trouble with proper G/S capture. I was thinking after 9 product revisions, they'd have this autopilot thing at least half-way licked ;-) Dare to dream, eh?Anybody else experienced this?JPS. Before this thread spirals into yet another diatribe on "you just don't know how to shoot an ILS approach" discussion, let's assume that I've been shooting ILS approaches for 6 years and have a reasonable clue about aircraft loading, configuration, airspeed, capturing the ILS from below, yada yada.

Guest jase439

Beautiful aircraft, BTW, POSKY folk. Figure this little gem would do well for my 1000th post. You almost forget you're looking at a sim.