Sign in to follow this  
michal

Best Joystick

Guest Marli

I want to conduct a vote of which of the following joysticks you think is the best. I will be using it for FS2004, want good precision and will be reliable and long lasting. They all have rudder facility an no force feedback.Choose one and reply - mabye with a reason for your choice.Microsoft Sidewinder Precision ProMicrosoft Sidewinder Precision Pro 2Saitek x45Saitek x36(Any others you might suggest)

Guest danowat

Hi,Well, I have just brought the X45, and am liking it a lot, although I was not keen on the way the throttle and stick are seperate, with no way of attaching them, so I got a bit of MDF and screw them to it.Overall, its a good pricing well performing joystick.Dan.

I agree with Dan, except I don't mind them being seperate :-)Note that the X36 is the earlier version of the X45 and AFAIK is no longer available from Saitek.Rudder control is far better with the Saitek than the twisty stick of the MS ones.Dan,I use an office type swivel chair, with arms, for siming and have thought about mounting the seperate throttle and stick on brackets on each arm. Something I couldn't do if they were one unit.

Guest Marli

how does the rudder work with the x45??

Guest Marli

is the saitek cyborg or cyborg platinum any good?

Guest Dennis_F4i

It sound's like you've decided on a stick, but I'd really encourage you to look at a yoke. The CH yoke adds a whole new dimension to the experience.

Guest Marli

does a yoke have rudder and throttle?

Guest Marli

does a yoke have rudder and throttle?

Guest Dennis_F4i

The CH Pro has a throttle, prop, and mixture axis (or whatever you assign to them). It also has two up/down switches (flaps and gear) plus four buttons, two rocker switches, and a hat switch. CH also makes pedals.

>how does the rudder work with the x45??If you have a look at a picture of the X45 you should see quite a large rocker type switch on the underneath of the throttle, near the front; this is the rudder control.With your hand on the throttle the two 'ends' of the rocker fall under your 1st and 3rd finger; press with your 3rd finger to turn left and 1st finger turns you right.A yoke and pedals work out much dearer and, IMHO the throttle control on the yokes I have seen do not provide as much travel, and therefore, as much control as the Saitek one.Also there are fewer buttons to configure on the yoke so you probably use the keyboard more.TBH for someone starting out I think the Saitek offers good value for money and if you really get into flight simming, and get the USB X45, you can always add a set of pedals later to give even more rudder control; that's what I did.Rgds

Guest edthorne

I've been using a CH Flight Sim Yoke USB and Pro Pedals USB since I got FS2k2. I love them for flying everything except helicopters. For that I still like a separate cyclic and collective control.

Guest Marli

is the rudder facility good on the joystick - is it possible to taxi around an airport?? I also read that the joystick has a free movement of about 1cm in all directions in the centre. Is this true and does it have any affect?

Guest Marli

does anyone know where I can buy a saitek x45 for about