Sign in to follow this  
Guest Salbado

Starting engines manually in FS2004 doesn't work

IT appears that the only way I can start engines in FS2004 is to do the auto start using ctrl E or hit the auto start on the panel. When I try to do it manually I get up to about N2 of 22% and the engines don't fire up. I have the engine start levers in idle. What am I doing wrong?Thanks!Airbus

Al Kaupa

Digital Storm purchased 8/17/2011; Win7x64: Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Intel i7 2600K@3,9 GHZ; nVidia GTX 560Ti; 8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator; Power Corsair HX 750W; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD; 300GB WD VelociRaptor; 1TB Seagate.

bump

Al Kaupa

Digital Storm purchased 8/17/2011; Win7x64: Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Intel i7 2600K@3,9 GHZ; nVidia GTX 560Ti; 8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator; Power Corsair HX 750W; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD; 300GB WD VelociRaptor; 1TB Seagate.

Guest Salbado

I seem to recall that even though it's a jet, you need to either enrich the mixture to full or set the Engine Fuel lever to start or something...

Guest Salbado

Hi AIrbus...This might be little old by I have the sAME PROBLEM that you HAD. I can't start the engines manually in FS9 too...I had started engines in FS 2002 by the following sequence..Engine 1 Mixture RichJet Starter Select 1+++++++++++ inputs for incremental increase until N% over 22 and presto, a clean stat.Now, I can't do anything..did you solve this problem...anybody else suffering manual starts in FS9?

Hi,I am having a similiar problem, but it is not consistent. I can start the default Lear engines manually, but cannot start the Eaglesoft Beach400 engines. They will start with a control E. It is apparently a cronic problem with this sim due to the increase complexity of the engine models and inconsistent initialization of systems. BobP :)PCF Throttle QuadrantsGoflight StackP4 2.0 gigVisiontek 9800 with Omega DriversWin2K

MS thought it would be humorous, if they didn't tell you that you would have to assign a button for a master battery switch in the jets. Just go to options/controls/assignments and assign a keystoke for the master Batt. Turn the master on first and you will be able to start manually. You do not need to assign any other buttons. Master/throttle run lever/engine# start switch. I tested this with the default 737/747/777. Works fine John Fitzpatrick

Guest Salbado

Thanks John, I will try that. I thought I had the power on since the avionics were "ON" but I think that GoFLight Modules will light up first regardless of the state of the Sim's power setting. I will report back, Regards, Sal

Try Ctrl-Shift-F4 before you hit start. I had the same problem. I think I saw it in a checklist somewhere.Jim

> MS thought it would be humorous, if they didn't tell you>that you would have to assign a button for a master battery>switch in the jets. Just go to options/controls/assignments>and assign a keystoke for the master Batt. Turn the master on>first and you will be able to start manually. You do not need>to assign any other buttons. Master/throttle run lever/engine#>start switch. I tested this with the default 737/747/777.>Works fine>> John>FitzpatrickHi John,Thank you for the suggestion but it did not fix the problem. I have a Goflight stack with a assigned master battery button. Thanks.BobP :)