Sign in to follow this  
rwalls

Interesting problem with FSMETEO

Guest ssurjap

Here's an interesting problem that I've been having with FS9 and FSMETEO.If I happen to exit FS9 BEFORE I exit FSMETEO, I will ALWAYS get an error box (to send to Microsoft) that FS9 encountered an error in WEATHER.DLL.Another interesting that happens is that if I choose to restart FS9, I also get a message that FSUIPC.DLL is still running and that I need to exit it (or something like that).This doesn't happen if I exit FSMETEO before I exit FS9, and this problem happened after I upgraded to the free FSUIPC 3.08 and is still happening with FSUIPC 3.10. I haven't tried it on a clean boot (with nothing else running).Any one else having this issue?SPECS:P4 1.6512MB RAMGeForce FX 5200, 52.16 WHQL DriverWinXP Home

Guest Josve

To avoid this you can set FSUIPC to start and stop programs after fs2004 have started and shut down programs before fs2004 shuts down.You just have to add some lines in the fsuipc.ini fileI think this is described in the fsuipc readmefile somewhere :)It's a very handy feature.Johnny"I'LL BE BACK"[div align=center]http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/josve/zone.jpg ][/div

Guest Terblanche

I can't believe that someone is still using this piece of ripoff - !

FSMeteo or FSUIPC, Terblanche?FSMeteo: has never, ever, given me a problem all the time I have been using it, which is about three years and three versions. Support is tremendous. Ripoff? Not for me.FSUIPC: legendary, Peter should be paid by, or paid royalties by, Microsoft as we all know that through his facilitation of add-on development a lot more people have bought MSFS software than might otherwise be the case. I am one who, on principle, simply does not believe that the end-user should pay for the latest version; I think Peter's strategy for remuneration should have been directed at the payware developers, but that's just my view. Ripoff? No way.So do clarify you own thoughts, out of interest.Mark "Dark Moment" BeaumontP.S. Bet you're flying that new Atlas Impala all over your home turf. What a spectacular piece of freeware, eh? That and a new F4-E on the same day. Oh, and the Decathlon. FS heaven!http://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Guest LLgaz

>>>>I can't believe that someone is still using this piece of ripoff - !<<<

>>>>>I can't believe that someone is still using this piece ofripoff - !<<<<http://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW

Terblanche:I agree with DarkMoment, FS_Meteo has never failed me to this point, I've been a user for the last several versions (5 years) and must say that I am still pleased with it's performance. The support from MARC is flawless with timely updates and he will get back to me personally if I have a problem. Which has been the case with FS9,as I have made inquiries about connection problems etc. MARC in fact answered a query I had on that very problem (connection) last week and I quote:MY MESSAGE TO MARC: " Hi Marc, I was just wondering if there are any updates in the works to the program? The reason I ask is, as early as todayI could not get the servers 1 or 2 when I was flying. I used FS2004 weather instead. Is this a problem that will be addressed in any future updates? Are there still any other outstanding problems with FS2004 that are being addressed because there are posts in the Avsim forum that suggest people are still experiencing problems when using fs_meteo with FS9. Regards, Tom Stewart"MARC'S REPLY:"Hi Tom Yes i will release a new one very soon, beta tester test the new one right now and all seams to go very well. Regards, Marc "This is what I am talking about, good service, support from MARC. So, before you start running at the mouth and trashing MARC's or anyone else's fine work...THINK FIRST! Try some patience and work things out in a civilized manner. Patience really does pays off.Have a good one,Tom

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I MSI Z790-VC | MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker

Guest Terblanche

TomI agree with you and that's why I started my statement with:"I apologize for my single line outburst that I find FSMeteo a ripoff

I've used FSMeteo for several years and I'm very pleased with the way it works in FS2002 but I'm having problems getting ceiling and visibility to display in FS9.Windspeed and direction is correct and so is the altimeter. For example last week ceilings were less than 1000 and OVC with visibility less than 1 mile but FS9 was clear and visibility more than 10 miles.Has anyone else run into this...Rich