Sign in to follow this  
Kosta

Problem within FS2002, please HELP!

Hello, I got this one particual problem which I know I had before, but not all the time...when I start the flight everything is peachy, when I'm finish it (mostly after 2-3 hours), when landing, I get all these blinking textures around. No only runway, taxiways, everything is blinking like hell.Here's a screenshot:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/46622.jpgPlease does anyone know how to fix this?!Intel 2.9GHZASUS P4C800Radeon 9700512MB RAMThx, Word Not Allowed

You haven't said what airport(s) give you the problem. All? Default or add-on? Correctly installed, with flatten and exclude switches if so?Try installing Aprnfix9.zip by Page C. Cline and Hans van Wyhe and see if that works.Mark "Dark Moment" BeaumontP.S. Another thing it could be is your graphics card/driver combination. Have you changed things recently?http://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Hmm...first of all...different airports. Heathrow (UK2000 Scenery), Vienna (default scenery), Schiphol (LAGO scenery). All three giving errors.It is newly installed and configured XP. So basically no errors should appear.Before I did have another driver, 3.7 Catalyst, and now I have 3.8. Although 3.8 is a breakthrough, giving more fps and all, I somehow don't think it is the cause of this, since it also happened sometimes on old versions.What I noticed before was that it happened when my computer was getting really warm (I think). I have the two extra fans shut off now, I will try with them powered on.But...what do you mean with flatten and exclude? As I said, before was the same installation and it worked.Any other technical recommendations?Thx for answering.Word Not Allowed

Flatten and exclude: all I meant was that if any flatten and exclude lines should have been put into SCENERY.CFG under the relevant scenery entries, and weren't, that would cause your problem.However, if it was working before, that's not it. It doesn't look like a driver related problem, and a hot computer would causea a slowdown, maybe, but not that kind of issue. So sorry, can't help more.Unless, of course, it's only with one particular aircraft, in which case the viewpoint or contact points might be set too low; say, if you have imported a third party FS2002 aircraft that has that problem.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Hm no...deal was with PSS A320 and A330.But as I said, saw it before generally with A320 in FS2002. And odd thing...it's not only when on the ground. On approach, it is also blinking as hell.Well, now I'm gonna test with both powerfans turned on...they are not such a huge noise, but still :-]Word Not Allowed

Guest Lindy

Word Not Allowed, from the looks of the screenshot, do you have any runway/taxiway update files installed? There is a download in the library which I had installed (it gave me runways that look just like the one in your screenshot). I also started getting some flashing textures at some airfields that I traced to that install, so I removed it. (I also have FS2K2) Just a thought.-Lindy

Well yes, true...I have this airport upgrade thing err...what's the filename...aeupgrade3.zip.It worked well till now though!!And btw. how did you return to default textures? Do you have them backed up? If yes, would you be so nice and email them to me? :-)Weird is those are only BMP replacements, I don't understand how that can be a problem.Thx, Word Not Allowed