Sign in to follow this  
Guest OneTinSoldier

MD11 Panel?

Guest Sunnyzsz

Good Evening Guys,Does anyone know of any good panels that can be used with the MD11 aircraft?Thanks for your helpKimberly :-outta

Guest Brent Hebert

Hi Kimberly,Check on the link below to take you to a previous question and that may answer your question.MD11 PanelBrent Hebert

Hey Brent,I have been out of FS for awhile. I sure miss Project Freeware. I loved that forum. I learned so much there. Glad to see some of you guys are still invlolved in FS! I used your Memphis airport scenery back in FS98 days and loved it. Also flew many of the PF737's you poured your blood sweat and tears into. I still have FS2000 installed with the planes, can't bring myself to delete them! Cheers from a fan,Take care,Scott

Guest contrail

Couldn't agree more Scott. Project Freeware offered so much to the FS community, especially with aircraft innovation. I'd like to add to the 737's, 757's, dc9's their L1011 series. Christine Derksen's FDE was/is still one of the best out there. I still use it on all the newer 3-holer heavy's out now. As smooth as it get's in flight characteristics while giving that "heavy" feel. Hey Brent, is Christine still involved in the FS community as far as you know? We could still use his(and your)talents in FS today. It's become so commercial nowadays. Nothing against capitalism but seems the enjoyment of the hobby isn't exactly what it use to be due to want of the mighty dollar IMHO.Ron

Guest Brent Hebert

Hey Ron and Scott,I haven't heard from Christine in a long time. I think that she has decided to retire like many of us. I'm glad you still enjoy the planes.It would really be nice if there were more panel designers out there who still worked for free, however I am enjoying many of the Dreamfleet and PSS addons. I admire the latest groups like Posky, IFDG, FFX, FFG, AFG and others who are putting our some fabulous planes, however there is no panel to work with them as in the case of the MD11. Brent Hebert

As in the link you yourself provided above, Brent, Alain Capt is reportedly working with iFDG on an update of his panel for the MD11.You are right, though; too many of the good panel guys have been seduced by the payware fellas - who can blame them, really - and it is hard to find really good freeware panels. To me, the right panel for an aircraft makes or breaks it; eye candy not being my first priority, if I can't fit a decent panel and airfile it doesn't matter how pretty it looks (in fact I use a lot of AI aircraft as flyable planes just to keep frame rates up).There are still plenty out there, though, if you look hard enough.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Guest Wang D. Doodle

Indeed we lament the excellent freeware developers who are no longer developing freeware, and it seemed that another one of these was Alain Capt, who was pushing the envelope on panel design with his MD-11 package way back in FS98 (some of us will remember that he built in an integrated GPS before Microsoft had one!). Those who checked his website a couple of days ago found this message:"Because spirit of FS community has turned more and more into a sort of big business which (no longer has any place for) a single passionned freeware developer like me, I have decided, more than one year ago now, to retire."A few minutes ago, an e-mail came in. It brought a smile to my face this Monday and a tear to my eye.To cut to the chase, it now says on his web page:"Thanks to you all for your enthusiasm !!! You forced me to come back !!!"What have we done to deserve such generosity? We really should count our blessings sometimes... makes me so grateful to every freeware designer-- those who are giving us great stuff today, those who have given us great stuff in the past, and now, like Alan, those who think it over and decide to come back and give us some more. Anybody else? Christine has already been summoned in this thread. Vanessa? Link to Alan Capt's good news:http://www.acsoft.ch/Flight_Simulator/ACS-...md11-panel.html-Wang

Guest Wang D. Doodle

Two things to follow up on the last post.That link in the previous post goes to a page where Alain Capt merely announces that he's now decided to go full speed ahead on his update, but it hasn't been released yet. However, it apparently won't be long, and the word will surely get out quickly when he does release it.Second, his page is bilingual -- first French, and then English below. So anyone who might get frustrated by "a language they don't understand" can scroll down and find the same info in English. His English is much better than my French.

Guest crashing_pilot

Wang D.Doodle,you "Wang D.Doodled" the nail on the head!excellent post ;-)

Guest Lobaeux4

This is FANTASTIC!! news! One of my first and favorite add-on aircraft was Alain Capt's MD-11. Utterly fantastic, and can't wait to fly it with the new MD-11.

Guest tkjake

I just got home and got the Email from Alain. I just can't tell you all how great htis news is to me. I am using the fs2002 version of the panel with IFDG's MD-11 now and cant wait to see what new things are in store for us. I remember that his Swissair package was the first addon I ever got when I started flight sim. Do you all remember downloading it with dial up? Took forever it seemed! But man was it worth it. The complexity was unreal for the time, and still ranks among the best freeware ever made. Heck, the crew annoucements and music are still better than anything that has come since. We all owe Alain a BIG THANK YOU for this, and I sure hope alot of people spread the word of his work and thank him personally. If more freeware guys got some kudos now and then rather than some really nitpicky and quite frankly dumb criticism, this whole community would benefit. Thanks in advance Alain. Todd:-jumpy :-wave

Guest waltch

I can only second your statement.I have been using Alain's MD11 since FS98 and I always liked it a lot.Thank you, Alain, for your work and and thank you for what is coming forward for FS2004.Walter

I loved the music Alain had built into the panel with the flight attendant as well. Always made me feel like I was going to Hawaii again with the music he had. Great stuff.

Eric 

Guest tkjake

Wont be long now. Alain has updated his site with some great info. He's even got a load editor in there now.