I have installed a 'Saitek Yoke' for my FSX. All controls and buttons work correctly, with the exception of the 'X' axis (ailerons) which will not center in neutral, it is off to the right.Therefore in free flight, with the Yoke in neutral, I go in Right hand circles. I can get the plane to fly straight, with 'aileron trim; but that affects the banking differencial.Can someone please tell me how to rectify this?Cheerz

I have installed a 'Saitek Yoke' for my FSX. All controls and buttons work correctly, with the exception of the 'X' axis (ailerons) which will not center in neutral, it is off to the right.Therefore in free flight, with the Yoke in neutral, I go in Right hand circles. I can get the plane to fly straight, with 'aileron trim; but that affects the banking differencial.Can someone please tell me how to rectify this?Cheerz
helloThis is a known problem, here is what the saitek support said in a post at their support forum.probably worth while if you register over there as they have lots of info**** USE AT YOUR OWN RISK****Hi,To recalibrate, first unplug the yoke.Go to start/run and type regedit.The registry editor will have a list of folders on the left hand side. Go down into the following folders in order.HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE (CURRENT_USER if on VISTA)SystemCurrentControlSetControlMedia PropertiesPrivate PropertiesDirect InputInside the Direct Input folder, delete any folder that begins VID_06A3.Once done, close the editor. Plug the yoke back in and move all the axes (including throttle) through their full range of movement 4 times.Now go to control panel/game controllers/properties to see if everything is ok on the test screen.If the problem persists then test the device on another PC. If the problem still occurs then it is most likely a hardware fault.

helloThis is a known problem, here is what the saitek support said in a post at their support forum.probably worth while if you register over there as they have lots of info**** USE AT YOUR OWN RISK****Hi,To recalibrate, first unplug the yoke.Go to start/run and type regedit.The registry editor will have a list of folders on the left hand side. Go down into the following folders in order.HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE (CURRENT_USER if on VISTA)SystemCurrentControlSetControlMedia PropertiesPrivate PropertiesDirect InputInside the Direct Input folder, delete any folder that begins VID_06A3.Once done, close the editor. Plug the yoke back in and move all the axes (including throttle) through their full range of movement 4 times.Now go to control panel/game controllers/properties to see if everything is ok on the test screen.If the problem persists then test the device on another PC. If the problem still occurs then it is most likely a hardware fault.
Thanks for the reply, I will let you know how I go and also register with Saitek.

Hi Mad dog,I tried the 'Regedit' procedure without success, no improvement at all.So as you suggested tried the Saitek support forum and there I was told that "providing I had the correct drivers installed.All I needed to do was open Saitek Control Panel (which will be showing axis off centre) then unplug the yoke and plug it straight back ".Gadzooks!! it worked perfectly for me.Thanks for help Mad dog,Cheerz Sonny