Sign in to follow this  
ronzie

any advice on settings for FS 2002 pls

Guest GB

Hi all,I have recently bought FS2002 as my computer wouldn't even look at 2004. My computer is only low spec compared to what people on here are running,2.0 AMD proccesor256 RAMGeforce 4 440 graphics 60Gb hard drive.Can anyone give advice on setting up for reasonable perfomance with acceptable graphics? I installed East midlands airport but had to remove it again as landing was impossible. Hope to increase Ram shortly and would seperate sound card help much?On another topic I have problems with auto pilots on certain aicraft only working in 10 deg increments. ( eg Tu 154, Fokker 50 )Is there anything I can change to fix this .Thanks for any help Graham

Guest Rockcliffe

>>On another topic I have problems with auto pilots on certain>aicraft only working in 10 deg increments. ( eg Tu 154, Fokker>50 )>Is there anything I can change to fix this .This can be done with the add on FSUIPC (still freeware for FS2002 and an essential addon for third party programs.) Once installed go to the "technical" section and check the box marked 'Make nav increments 50 Khz'As for the settings, it's pretty much trial and error. My machine is low end too, P3 1.0Ghz, Radeon 7000 32 Mb, 512 RAM. A lot depends on what you find satisfactory. I can be quite happy at 10fps, others give up in disgust when it falls below 30 fps.Hope this helpsBlairCYOW

Guest outtatimeiii

I have a lower-spec machine than you do and FS2004 runs absolutely great on it, although I overclocked my machine by a lot LOL. I think FS2004 runs better than FS2002 ever did on my machine (and looks better as well).As for FS2002, the 2 big fps killers (at least on my machine) are autogen density and AI. For your system I would run with minimum AI and autogen set to normal. I usually ran without the Artifical Idiots (AI) anyway, because they screw up a lot of my landings (I fly small props and the AI whizz by forcing me to go around). The best way to find out whats best for your machine is to experiment. Put all sliders on minimum and slowly adjust settings till you get adaquate performace and image quality. Its time consuming, but you will see what your computer likes and does not like. If you can get a soundcard, it will take some strain off the computer as well, even a cheap one will help some.

Guest GB

Thanks for the helpI have just added another 256 Ram today so I will see if that helps.Regarding the autopilot problem I have hopefully cured the Tu 154 but the Fokker still only changes 10 deg at a time.Thanks again though, all help appreciatedGraham

My system is similar to Zacks and i can run FS9 easily but when i try to use better planes such as POSKY's A330 or add a few more clouds it gets more impossible. Improving performance is a series of trial and error such as turning down settings that you otherwise don't need i don't like AI traffic so i removed it give a big boost. Also turning down filtering to say Bilinear helps.RegardsG-MIDYhttp://www.airliners.net/open.file/265713/L/

Lawrence Ashworth

XhCuv5H.jpg

Guest daveg4otu

I don't understand why "My machine wouldn't look at 2004".This PC is an AMD XP2000+,not overclocked,T14200 and 512MBDDRAM and FS2004 runs beautifully with most setting at or near maximum.I run it online with all the additional workload that puts on the sustem with no problems.In addition I have installed FS2004 on an old 700mhz PC that runs it pretty well with fps in the 20s most of the time.My advice to you is take FS2002 back and see if they'll exchange it for 2004. Whichever version you finish up with,start with the default settings and push things up little by little until you start to see things slowing down,then back of just a shade- you should then run smoothly.Dave

Guest GB

I bought FS2002 mainly because I had come across the excellent Tu 154 while browsing for info on the real thing as I am flying in one in a few weeks. I also have an inbuilt fear of flying, only having flown 4 times before, ( Il 96, airbus A310 and Tu 154 )and am hoping by getting an interest in aviation it might help overcome this phobia and I am glad to say it seems to be working :-) I used to have Fs 98 but that went in the bin and it really put me off flight sims but I am enjoying FS 2002 and in a few days my CH yoke should arrive. I only hope the pilot of the TU 154 can land better than I can.Thanks again for all the advice.Graham

It is harder to land in the sim than real world -- my experience in GA aircraft -- because it is harder get the really proper 3D effect, gravity - inertia body feelings are not there, it is much harder to look around for pattern work, etc., and FS aircraft trim control is difficult.The sim does help with instrument practice, radio procedures, etc.