Sign in to follow this  
Carenado

Known Issues

Hi all. We hope you are enjoying our C340 II FSXWe have been following some topics about the C340 II FSX and we know there are small issues that need to be fixed.In the next days we will release a Service Pack for the aircraft correcting the issues which were wrong in the original package.Issues we have detected are in the following list. Some of them will be corrected and others need a clarification.CG issue: The aircraft was tested by several real C340 pilots. One of the main characteristics of the aircraft is the heavy nose feeling in flight especially at landing. In order to accomplish that feature, which is very characteristic of that aircraft, we made a special tweak in the flight dynamics which shows CG a little bit forward from where it should be. But it is only a visual issue, because the aircraft behavior is exactly how it is in real life.Weather radar: We are working on the weather radar to see why most of the times it doesn’t work.CTD: Every information you can supply about this will be very useful. So far we can´t replicate the issue.Please provide information regarding the video card, others addons installed, weather at the moment of the CTD and all information you think could be useful.ADI: ADI is not showing the right pitch when flying levered. We will patch it.Others: Some labels have wrong messages. We will correct them.Carenado

Hey Carenado,Thanks for the news, a nice plane to fly and look forward for your patch.Cheers,

Thanks for your feedback, and great aircraft!Please consider adding the Altimeter to your list :(

Bert

Hi all. We hope you are enjoying our C340 II FSXCG issue: The aircraft was tested by several real C340 pilots. One of the main characteristics of the aircraft is the heavy nose feeling in flight especially at landing. In order to accomplish that feature, which is very characteristic of that aircraft, we made a special tweak in the flight dynamics which shows CG a little bit forward from where it should be. But it is only a visual issue, because the aircraft behavior is exactly how it is in real life.Carenado
Why is it then that owners state that the 340 is actuall aft heavy and actually need to load some balast in the nosecone."Weight and balance is a concern because the airplane is aft heavy before loading; the nose locker can be used to counter this. I have 50 pounds ofballast in my nose locker." from the c340 PDF posted here.maybe those pilots must check their 340's nosecones.. (just a joke.)And Thanks for taking time to resolve the issues. Much appreciated

Proof that Carenado is one of the best developers out there! Taking customer feedback, and directly addressing it! Keep up the fine work!

Hello Carenado,You've produced a beautiful model that won't take much to achieve near perfection. Please note that one other often cited complaint is the FDE with regards to the early lift off speeds and stall speeds that are well below the manufacturers specifications. Also mentioned is the very low additional drag induced when lowering the flaps. Looking forward to the updates, keep up the good work.-Bob

It's a great plane and I fly it even with the "known issues" but I am delighted that Carenado has the concern a responsiveness to issue a the patch. Keep up the good work guys. You have created some flight simulation masterpieces.

Lose not thine airspeed, lest the ground rise up and smite thee.

Guest N62LM

Issues that I have found.1) Yaw switch works in reverse or as you said label is incorrect.2) Cabin rate on pressurization know doesn't seem to work.3) I have noticed when the engine(s) start it seems (at least on my aircraft) to take a wild dip as if it is demonstrating excessive torque.

Hello Carenado,I found that when using the "no 3D knobs option" also the two squelch 3d - knobs on top of the ADF Gauge are then gone too. Maybe you can keep them stay in there too just to keep the visual effect perfect :-).Thanks for this dream bird!Cheers, Andreas

The Hobbs meter seems to only register the 1/10th digits (never does roll over to a whole digit) using Win7/64.Larry

Hi,some more observations:- Primer switch moves up only , whereas it should move left/right to prime the corresponding engine- alternator warning lights go out if you put ALT switches to on, even when the engines are not running. In that case, the ALT would not be working of course and they should remain iluminated.- discrepancy between VMC redline in airspeed indicator and VMC given in Manual- DH light on ADI does not work- Timer has no stopwatch function?- thousands digit on Altimeter: Would be good if it were rolling, not jumping when passing 999 feet. 2990 ft looks like 2000, not 3000.With a service pack, this aircraft has the potential to become a really nice one.Thomas

I need the HSI to zoom / popup , i cant read it , at normal zoom levels i can read other instruments but not that one , i can read the numbers fine on VOR 2 , but not on the HSI , also when i idle the throttles i cant hear the engines at all in the VC , is a real 340 like that ?

Hey supervoltek, did u ever purchase a legit copy of the 340 and send your reg. Details to one of the Avsim mods? If not then I'd say your treading on thin ice.