Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pabra

Using the POSKY 757 in FS2002 - My experience

Guest JDH

Well, I had to give this a try, the aircraft is too good to ignore! Noticed a few others asking questions, so will give my experience using it in 2002.Used one of Ben Hewitt's BA paints and ran a flight from London Heathrow to Aberdeen. I used the aircraft "straight out of the box" didn't tweak a thing.On the whole, it is superb!! Performance wise, the visual model is better than some FS2002 designed aircraft, switch to the outside view and the textures snap up in the blink of an eye. FPS are excellent also.In terms of flying the aircraft, I didn't notice any significant difficulties using the default 2002 777 panel. The aircraft climbed easily to cruise altitude (which I'd set at a lowish FL220) and at altitude maintained it without any problems using the autopilot. On final approach the aircraft slowed well, but you need to stay alert as my speed slid to below 120 knots a little quickly! I was able to recover easily enough! I don't use the autopilot for approach anymore as I have a problem with it, it turns the aircraft to a course well off the runway centreline. But that's a different matter!There are a couple of glitches however, but nothing which affects flight. The most significant is watching the aircraft in replay mode. I always replay the last few minutes of my flights to watch and screenshot the landing. Doing this with the POSKY 757, the aircraft tucks it's gear and flaps away and never extends them again!! So, you end up with a perfect landing with the aircraft hovering a few feet above the runway!! Is there anything that can be amended to over come this?So, overall, the thing works and looks good, but be prepared for the odd "issue." Nothing should spoil your flying IMO though!

Guest 727Fan

Thank You for your post. I had been delaying the install of the 757 into 2002 because I was unsure of how to tweak an FDE.Your experience of the aircraft in 2002 tells me to go ahead, install and enjoy.Thanks againRick

I'm getting on fine with it in 2K2 as I also am with the IFDG MD-11.I'm very happy really :-)Gavin

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Guest JDH

Has anyone else had the issues in replay mode?I love the aircraft to fly, but not being able to replay properly is a bit of a blow to me.

Guest stevehow

hialso noticed that when flying at night,if the gear is up the Landing lights shine through the cockpit roof(looks like a shiny crown)try it and see.if i turn off the landing lights,then the gauges are dark.at the moment im still only flying the posky 757.my favourite aircraft of all time.maybe a little fix might come along. best wishes steveUK

Guest Pabra

Maybe start the replay after you've lowered the gear?My main dissapointment is the lack of an autopilot (again: crj too) in the vc. ( it's there but static; again as in the crj)WHY??????