Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

'FSHotSFX' replacement for Win7/Vista

Please read here, and add your support for this project:http://www.simforums.com/forums/topic37976_post223146.html#223146Thanks!Martin

Flight1 does have Audio Environment: Airliner Edition which replicates AI sounds and does a good job. But it's only for FSX. FS9 on Vista/Windows 7 desperately needs some sort of AI sound generator.

Does the 'Airliner' edition include GA sounds too (Cessnas etc.), as does/did FSHotSFX? In any case, I fly FS9 95% of the time - really hate these quiet airports now I'm on Win7 (though appreciate the total lack of Out-of-Memory errors now!).M>

There's plenty of AI sounds available for fs9. The thing about fshotsfx that I really loved though was the ambient airport sounds. I can't stand how silent the tarmac is without it. You can hear a pin drop when you turn the packs off in most jets. AES kind of solved the problem by playing the sounds of ambient jets/trucks ect, but only during the boarding phase. Whole heartedly support a new version with vista/w7 compatibility.

+1!!!! Bring it on...and the more aircraft sounds it supports, the better. Like my MAIW stuff; my F16s sound like learjets. No good.

Anyone who would like to see this for sale, please say so on the simforums (Flight1) link above - the greater the number of posts, the greater the chance Flight1 will produce something..M. :-)

Done!Hopefully, the guys at Flight1 will have a look into this. This product is definitely missing from fs9 win7 installations.

I would suggest someone who really-really want's this for FS2004 to work under Windows7 is to start a campaign gathering a few hundred names(email addresses) of those who would be interested in purchasing an updated version of FSHotSFX. Send the email off to the developer (yes, he is still out there by email but does not respond to his forums), and see if you can convince him it would be worth his time to make a version compatible with Win7.Yep, lot of effort and time but if he sees a market with several hundred interested simmers, it just might tip the scales. Let's face it... money talks! :( Good luck,ClutchP.S - FSHotSFX and FSHotseat do NOT work under Windows 7. The developer confirmed this with me just a few days ago. Plus it CAN disable FS2004 from running after you try to uninstall it unless you are comfortable going through the registry to clean up what it leaves behind. Just a caution for those who feel adventurous.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Count me in :)

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

Yes please!Note: I guess this is a silly question that was already covered but... I understand that the issue is that FSHotSFX will run in XP compatability mode, but then not communicate with FSUIPC.dll because it is loaded in FS9 and this is running natively on Windows7... Does this still occur if you run FS9 also in XP compatability mode? Geoff

Considering that there have been only 17 posts in that Flight1 thread in 6 months doesn't say much for the likelihood of anyone being interested in producing such a program... (and yes, I did post there).

yes, that's what I was thinking. Now I am in Thailand and will be for the foreseeable future (months, possibly years, depending on my job) and probably won't bother shipping my flight simulator PC over. One of the things I will have to live without until I come back to the UK..My experience BTW way was that FSHotSFX will not run at all in Windows 7, compatibility mode or no.Martin