Sign in to follow this  
Bray

help with AI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest zimmerbz

I have some questions about AI in FS9. I obviously want planes at airports for realism. I downloaded project ai installers and packages. I have AFCAD too. With the sliders all the way to the right, ai barely seem to do anything. Few planes sit at the gates (a few UAL at ORD, but no AAL). I have both of those packages installed too. I went to ATL at rush hour and saw barely any traffic. There were delta jets at the gate, but no activity. And delta was the only carrier there. I then downloaded the uninstaller to get rid of default orbit, soar, ect planes. but they are still there. CVG had like 3 total planes, 1 delta. With the sliders maxed, about 20 different packages installed, all with over 100 planes and over 11000 flight plans, shouldnt I be seeing more activity than I am? Do I need to do anything to AFCAD? If this is the case, i think going to over 100 airports and editing them is a bit too tedious. Or will a program like ultimate traffic or my traffic be better instead? What should I do?BRad

Have you made sure that you have the proper "atc_parking_codes/types" entered for each aircraft in each aircraft.cfg file for your AI planes? For example (square brackets don't show up around "fltsim.xx" in posted message):{fltsim.0}title=PAI MD81 IBEsim=paimd81v5model= panel=sound=texture=IBEkb_checklists=kb_reference=atc_id=atc_id_color=0xffffffffatc_airline=IBERIAatc_flight_number=atc_parking_codes=IBEatc_parking_types=GATEui_manufacturer=Project AIui_type=MCDONNELL DOUGLAS MD-81ui_variation=Iberia - Lineas Aereas de Espanaatc_heavy=0description=Project AI MD81 Only for use with AI Traffic!{fltsim.1}title=PAI MD81 DAL_NCsim=paimd81v5model= panel=sound=texture=DAL_NCkb_checklists=kb_reference=atc_id=atc_id_color=0xffffffffatc_airline=Deltaatc_flight_number=atc_parking_codes=DALatc_parking_types=GATEui_manufacturer=Project AIui_type=MCDONNELL DOUGLAS MD-81ui_variation=Delta Air Lines (new c/s)atc_heavy=0description=Project AI MD81 Only for use with AI Traffic!If you chose the FS9 (FS2004) option when installing the PAI files these codes should have been created, but you might want to check to make sure. Also, apparently the final version FS2004 only recognizes the first value in the "atc_parking_codes & types" fields. So you only need the airline code and one parking type (gate/commercial, ramp/GA, cargo, etc. This is per the document "FS2004ParkingV6.html" which can be downloaded from the Project AI site. It will answer a lot of questions regarding PAI and AI parking.Also, check to make sure that Ttools created the proper "traffic.bgl" file in the scenery/world/scenery folder.Hope this helps.Jaygee

The default airports have a limited number of gates/parking. Use AFCAD2 (FS2004) or AFCAD140 (FS2002) to modify or install updated AFCAD files. Remember FS2002/FS2004 are two different AFCAD formats.W. Sieffert

Guest Dr_T

BRad,KORD (in 2004) should be packed with United and American planes if you have installed PAI's AFCAD file for that airport, and also their installer packages.I had a similar problem that you describe. My problem was that my AI aircraft were not properly radiused. There is a program that will allow you to modify the radius of each AI aircraft. It is called Parking Manager.exe and this is the xip file name that can be found here at AVSIM: apcmv16.zipThis program is designed to allow you to set atc_parking_codes and atc_parking_types for each aircraft paint, but it will also allow you to modify the radius for a particular aircraft type. Make sure you change the current radius to the "recommended" radius settings for each AI aircraft type. As an example, the default radius setting for one of my AI 737's was 24 meters, so I changed all of my AI 737's to 23 meters (which is the recommended setting). When I started the sim, WHAMMO...most of my AFCAD'ed airports were packed, and my AI traffic is set at 50%.Hope this helps.Take care,--Matt

What value is your traffic density set at? Under Settings (at the start up screen) select Traffic and on the bottom left is a slider with the Air Traffic Density. Whatever this is set to is how the AI aircraft are displayed. The flight plans built for AI use a target percentage. If you select a value equal to or higher than that value for the AI flight, then it will be displayed. If the AT Density is lower, then it will not be seen. For example this Southwest flight would only appear if your AT Density were set for 55% or higher. (See third value below)AC#3403,N742SW,55%,WEEK,IFR,0/00:39:23,0/02:30:07,330,F,0888,KBDL,0/11:09:23,0/13:00:07,310,F,1317,KBNA

Guest yarvelling

Sounds odd......I have used the FS 2004 version of PAI Traffic, and didn't have any problem with deserted airports. Now I have the FS Traffic 20002 (still waiting for the patch :-roll ) with selected PAI aircraft, and also have no problems....all this before AFCAD 2. Now, my airports are like rush-hour ALL day!! I have no GA, and 100% commercial traffic. Your problem may be due to a bad install? Did you download all the PAI packages? Use TTools2 to decompile your Traffic.bgl and check the aircraft are loaded, and that the flight plans are ok......Which airports have you tried? I usually use the European airports, being over here in the UK....Heathrow is always very busy, Farnkfurt and Munich likewise, and Paris Charles de Gaul is packed. Flying out of Dallas Fort Worth showed a very busy airport, and now with AFCAD2, if anyone has a new file for it, I'm sure that DFW is overflowing!!So, check your installation, and then download AFCAD2, and grab a bunch of replacement AFCAD files, install them, and you should see a big jump in AI traffic, as it can now use the airports properly now that there are ample parking facilities. Watch out though 'cause it can cause a big hit on your frame-rates when you suddenly get a packed airport!

Guest H_Kev55

I believe this question was answered in the PAI forums and had to do with the different versions of .air files and how they did not show correctly in the a/c cfg file.With all the new air files coming out, its tough to keep them all organized. Sometimes the auto installer will not install the latest update of the models air file, thus not allowing the sim to show the ai aircraft as it should.Simply editing the cfg with the correct version number will correct this problem.KJhttp://fsgateway.com/frank/fs9paibeta.jpg

Guest lalo lolo1

Try AITM (Air Traffic Mover). Look for it in avsim or simviation. I use it with my fs2002, I am not sure if it works with fs9 though. Check compatibility and if it works I encourage you to download it.This great program, which is really easy to use, will allow you to see all flight plans, traffic at airports, planes used in flight plans, add new aircraft to the flight plan list, also add new flight plans to FS, and a lot more features. This program is the perfect complement to PAI.Leo

Brad,A few things some of which are mentioned by others:1) I would also ask in the Project AI FS2004 forum. 2) I also installed several commercial packages and all the planes seem to be showing up OK. I have yet to try Atlanta as the Delta hub and see what the deal is.3) The packages come with v5 .air files and works except for final cruising altitudes, ATC will keep yelling that they are 300 ft above or below assigned altitude. If this bugs you then you have to download the v6 .air files and install them manually. I am about half way through A WORD OF CAUTION AFTER THE MANUAL INSTALL: Do not run the automatic install of future airline packages as it will undo your v6 back to v5. Choose custom and say no to installing FDEs4)Make sure your ATC traffic is set high enough.5) PAI has some AFCAD2 airports done for FS2004. You may want to download some and see if it helps. The default parking may not have correct number/size gates5) And one last tip and forgive me if it sounds basic, but did you check the FS2004 button for the install or the FS2002?. Could be you put the traffic in FS2002?Good luckBill