Sign in to follow this  
Emile

FS9/ Video card memory re-load problem, RQ assistance

Hello,I fly on P4 2.4 Gh, 1 Gig Ram , Vid GF4 TI4600, XP Pro SP1, FS9.More and more often when taxiing, flying the game freezes in spot view during a few seconds , the primary monitor flashes, the aircraft rebuilds totally black (see screen shot, not easy to take the screen shot at the right moment) and the textures/colours appairs again (see next screen shot)and the scenery is again OK. It seams that the video card has to re-load its entire momory.Any recommendations?Thanks in advance.FYI : on the screen shots the left side is the secondary monitor with the 2D cockpit, FSNav on the right side the primary monitor with the spot view

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

After removing some Demo free mesh, sceneries files for USA, British Columbia, the problem seams to be solved.

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

Guest troyboy66

Interesting,I have different hardware but pretty much get the same results.Whenever I try to change anything in FS9 while in a flight, I get stuck on the screen below:This shot I created in Ms Paint, but its almost identical to what I get in FS9.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/47227.jpgIf I try to change from night to day or vice versa, change FPS, change anything in graphics setting while in flight, FS stops with the above screen. In most cases, it gets stuck trying to load AI's and not textures and it always seem to be at 82%...When I check the task manager, it says FS9 is still running...I have left it like this for as much 3 hours just to see what would happen...Absolutely nothing. The only thing I could do was exit FS9 and start all over..Usually in the back ground I would have FSMeteo, RC3, and Fs real Time running... No virus and all background images disabled thru Msconfig..If I cancel the above three programs, this has no affect on FS9.In my settings tab in FS9 I have almost everything maxed out with traffic set to 25%, FPS=20, 1600x1200x32..Antilasing disabled..However, once before I was able to come across an error when this happened to me..I beleive it said something about FSNAV caused the error...hhmmm..I was not able to reproduce that error or any other errors again since...Interestingly enough, I do have FSNAV for FS9 installed..Any clues...anyone???????Sys specs:WinXP ProAsus A7N8X V 2.0 latest UBER BIOSAMD 2800 Barton@333mhz 1GB Corsair DDR 2700@333mhzATI Radeon 9700 Pro/Catalyst 3.8 Omega drivers80BG HDD60GB HDDSoundBlaster LiveTroy

Hello,I did use a free utility to find what was going on, you can try ithttp://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/source/filemon.shtmlIt works on line (you can also save the data) and you "see" what files are accessed , this can help to find why FS9 seams looping or is stuck.Hope it helps