Sign in to follow this  
carcusrex

Trackir center view /w eyepoint adjustment

I've been flying the Dornier Do-27 lately. With my Trackir it's an easy thing to center my view in the cockpit. The problem is that that center view defaults to where I'm sitting more on the backrest of the seat than ON the seat. The problem presents itself most when trying to look out the side window and having too large a portion of the airframe block the view.Adjusting the eyepoint (with my prefered zoom) with the keyboard is no problem... thought I seem to be able to adjust it ONLY if I momentarily disable the Trackir. The problem is that when I enable the Trackir after doing this, it just reverts instantly back to the defualt eyepoint.So, does anybody know a way I can adjust the Trackir 'center view', make it closer in, and make it stick?Thanks.

I've been flying the Dornier Do-27 lately. With my Trackir it's an easy thing to center my view in the cockpit. The problem is that that center view defaults to where I'm sitting more on the backrest of the seat than ON the seat. The problem presents itself most when trying to look out the side window and having too large a portion of the airframe block the view.Adjusting the eyepoint (with my prefered zoom) with the keyboard is no problem... thought I seem to be able to adjust it ONLY if I momentarily disable the Trackir. The problem is that when I enable the Trackir after doing this, it just reverts instantly back to the defualt eyepoint.So, does anybody know a way I can adjust the Trackir 'center view', make it closer in, and make it stick?Thanks.
HelloUnlike TrackIr in FS9 it is not possible to move your position using the keyboard anymore.You need to edit the Aircraft.cfg for each aircraft and adjust these values.[Views]eyepoint = 1.20, 0.00, -2.34 //Longitudinal, Lateral, Vertical (feet)Or you can buy Ezdok (good idea) which restores the ability to set your position using the keyboard as in FS9.

There's a default key for centering the Track IR unit. I can't remember what the default is...Once you're situated where you want to be press the key. I frequently reset my view during a flight.There should be a key mapping in the software window.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

The easy way I do it is to trick the track ir program. For example, my viewpoint is usually too high in the cockpit. So what I do is poke my head up higher, then hit the "f12" center button. This tricks the trackir software and I get a more proper lowered view. In your case if you are too far back, move your head back further and press the center key. Then when you sit normal it should be proper. All in all a pain I know, but better than dinking with changing files,etc.

Ryanbatcund, I am aware of the centerview feature with Trackir - use it all the time. I think you misunderstood my question as it pertains to changing what the center view shows. But thanks for the reply none the less.Mad Dog, thanks for the input... I do that trick all the time myself. That may be how I'll have to resolve the situation.dighost, your advice is more along the lines of the kind of thing I was looking for. Sadly, after tinkering with the main panel file in the main Digital Aviation folder (which I think all the variants adhere to) nothing seemed to change when changing the VIEW_FORWARD_EYE. All three were set to 0.00 but the changes I made didn't have any effect. Still a great plane to fly, though...Thanks all for the replies.