Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

UT OR NOT UT...that is the question??????

Guest stevehow

hi allUltimate traffic or Mytraffic??? best wishes steveUK

Guest Maul

Steve,You are very fortunate to ask this question on this day because with Ultimate Traffic in final beta tests, it looks like it'll finally be out today or tomorrow. Check out the Ultimate Traffic forum through their website on Flight1. I used MyTraffic back in April and was amazed at the amounts of traffic, but the paints were a bit off and having an airport full of traffic in the wee hours of the morning isn't that realistic. With UT, check out all the extras included: Palmspotter, TCAS (which will be fully functional once MS releases an SDK), real world timetables, integrated AFCADs (more and more everyday now that AFCAD2 is out) and an updater tool that downloads repaints and new AFCADs, and more utilties I'm forgetting, you can't lose with UT! My advice, wait for UT, it is in the final gold beta test and should be out in a couple days. There really is no reason to go the other way, it's a no brainer!Eric

Guest stevehow

Hi Mauli am a long time Mytraffic user.but Ultimate traffic does sound really good.i was going to upgrade to Mytraffic 2004.but i think i'll take your advice and wait for Ultimate Traffic...thx again Maul best wishes steveUK

Ultimate traffic wins hands down... Great on Frames, updated airliner routes, superb paint schemes, you can't go wrong. Now if only they would release that FS2k4 update....

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest stevehow

thx supposed to be over the weekend..but,from what ive read it's been delayed a while now...i'm still going to wait tho!ive downloaded the fs2002 version ready to install when the Patch arrives.. thx bye for now steveUK

Guest brewmaster

UT is a great product but the development team cant seem to be honest about patch progress. Its any ones guess when it will actually be out. They said back in early august it was almost complete and now months later still no patch. This weekend is a classic example of them telling customers it would be released, then the weekend came and went with no anouncement or info on why no patch. Frustrating. I dont understand why they cant be honest with us or simply avoid making any statements on release dates. I recommend the product in general, but if you want an addon now and dont want to wait indefinately go with somthing else.Brew

>why they cant be honest with us or simply avoid>making any statements on release dates. >but then they would be facing another crowd of disgruntled users harassing them that they do not make progress reports. See what happened to Flight1 with their Meridian update - they consequently refused to give out estimates and dates and they are subject to daily "when ?", "what's going on ... ", etc. It is no win for any developer no matter what they do or don't do. Michael J.

Guest bigun

I don't think for a second that anyone at Flight1 is being dishonest with the update estimates on UT. I do think that "stuff" happens that is out of the control of Flight1. I've been dealing with them for some time and have many of their add-ons and they are top quality all the way around. I think when Tom and crew make a statement about a possible release date on the update, they truly believe this estimate to be legit. I also admire them for sticking to their guns and NOT releasing the update too soon just to satisfy a few disgruntled folks.My two centsGeorge Stoddard

Guest SteveJ

I've also been patiently waiting on the UT update since fs9 was released. I was one of the users selected to help evaluate the final UT update gold betas. I think the UT update is getting very close. There was a problem uncovered with the airline import function over the weekend. Tom released what he hopes is the final gold beta to all the testers this evening. Assuming no other glitches are found, I expect its release this week.I would just add that although I've been flight simming for the last 6 years, I consider myself a novice when it comes to AI traffic. And that was what attracted me to UT....."plug and play" AI that I can load and forget. Well, I'm sure I'll start playing around with all of the amazing options UT has to offer.....but just thought I'd add that for the other novice AI users out there, I found the update easy to install and everything seems to be running fine on my very modest system (XP1800+/512/Ti4200/WinXPHome). Steve J.

Guest Speed

I think it depends on your type of flying. UT doesn't do much for GA which is what I mainly fly. KTEB is alive with traffic after I gave up waiting for UT and bought MyTraffic. Ideally I'd like to have the UT airliners with the MyTraffic GA aircraft.Speed.

Guest United

I say that because I've used MyTraffic (though not the FS2004 release) and am beta testing the final (hopefully) beta upgrade for UTFS9. I think the only thing MyTraffic has over UT is the ability to generate routes in MyTraffic. It was through a very rudimentary system, but it worked and I enjoyed that. You cannot generate AI traffic routes with UT, but UT does everything else elegantly and the AI planes are sweet, really well done. UT meshes with AFCAD2 very well indeed which is very important, so that's my take.Randy Jura, KPDX

Guest Cougar_DK

Does UT "only" have airliners as AI aircraft? I'm like you mostly flying GA aircrafts.Mark

Guest Speed

Amazing that the heavy flyers are so into their thing they forget that FS isn't just flying airliners, some of us actually like to practice what we do in real life (don't flame me, you guys deserved it for letting the thread get this long without even mentioning no extra GA in UT).Speed.

Guest OneTinSoldier

I like MyTraffic due to the fact that it gives me plenty of GA and some military traffic, and I LIKE having busy skys and radio chatter around the clock.Jim