Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

UT OR NOT UT...that is the question??????

Guest Stamatis

Amazing that the heavy flyers are so into their thing they forget that FS isn't just flying airliners, some of us actually like to practice what we do in real life (don't flame me, you guys deserved it for letting the thread get this long without even mentioning no extra GA in UT).What I find amazing is that you expect the "heavy flyers" to ask for GA inclusion in UT, although they don't really care about GA, just because you want GA aircraft?Hehe... :-) :-)Stamatis

What about coverage in Europe/UK?I have been using FsTraffic2002 and PAI for my AI traffic but would consider installing the FS2004 version of UT if it gives good coverage of european airline schedules?Any UK/european flyers comment?RegardsAdam

Guest Shawn McCaig

Hey guys, I'm confused here. I haven't purchased UT or MT yet. I was holding out for UT and had been told that it DOES have GA traffic included. Now from what's being said on here it sounds like it doesn't include GA traffic. Which is it?

UT does not alter GA traffic from MS stock. You can choose to have UT remove GA, by selecting which airframes you want to keep or not. There are no new GA planes installed by UT, nor are there additional GA flight plans included. Because of the random nature of GA traffic, this goes against what UT was designed for - modelling of real world scheduled flight traffic, specifically commercial airlines and cargo.That said, FS9 will allow the user many ways of adding GA traffic to your world. Since FS9 allows multiple traffic bgls, dropping a Traffic_ga.bgl into your scenery folder will work just fine. Perhaps using MyTraffic to compile a GA traffic file would do the trick. It is also possible that some clever soul will come up with a set of flightplans for GA traffic that can be imported into UT as an airline...For what its worth.sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Guest Shawn McCaig

Okay, that makes more sense. Thanks for the prompt reply. :-)

Guest in_04

Hello Jim,did MyTraffic add new GA planes or did they use the normal ones?If MyTraffic add new ones, how do they look? Are the models special AI models or use they normal "flyable" GA aircrafts?ByeMarkus

Guest tatfsn

Hi--I have to throw in another vote for MyTraffic. I was a devoted user of it with FS2002, and now the of the 2004 version. One if its main strenghts is the sheer volume of repaints/varieties (you get a slew of both GA and military traffic included with the airliners). Also, while some of the repaints are not the greatest, some, I think, are extremely good. Overall, they are excellent, and great on frame rates. MYT has its flaws and shortcomings, but is overall a great product. Also, the MYT developers seem dedicated to constantly supporting and upgrading their product; they just came out with a release of additional repaints in the past week, with more to come. An awesome combo, as someone mentioned, would be the real schedules of UT, and the GA and military traffic of MYT, though I'm quite satisfied with MYT as a stand alone. It makes for a breathtaking flightsim experience, in terms of both the additional aircraft, and the ATC chatter, especially in the busy sectors!I may purchase UT, but as a supplement, not a replacement to UT--and only if it becomes available on CD. I have a dial-up internet connection, and I categorically refuse to undertake the download of 190+ megabytes, and of the additonal 30+ megabyte file necessary to upgrade the 2002 UT version to 2004.Until then, I'm quite happy with MYT 2004.

You guys voting for MyTraffic have got to be smoken some really good stuff (can I try some too???)...I'd have to say before anyone judges Ultimate Traffic, try purchasing it first and get familiar with the new features offered in the latest version, then cast a well informed vote. Only then can you be in a valid position to judge which one is better. There is no way in hell one can say with a straight face (after seeing the two versions in action in FS9) that MyTraffic is better in any way than Ultimate Traffic. Everything mentioned above about Military traffic etc. can be attained with Ultimate Traffic. UT

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

You'll find what you need with Ultimate Traffic in Europe.

FS2020 

Search..."Ultimate Traffic My Traffic"132 hits, almost all within the past 6 months...."Wish one to buy : FS Traffic or Ultimate Traffic ?"http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...ing_type=search"Questions about MyTraffic 2004" http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...ing_type=search"Mytraffic/UltimateTraffic-How much control?"http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...ing_type=search"My Traffic... your thoughts"http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...ing_type=search"ultimate traffic, fs traffic, my traffic for FS2004?"http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...ing_type=search"Ultimate Traffic and MyTraffic Question."http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...ing_type=search"My Traffic ou Ultimate Traffic for FS2004 ?"http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...ing_type=searchAnd on, and on....and on

Regards,

Brian Doney

Yea, most of those post were before the release of the Ultimate Traffic update for FS2k4. How can anyone comment or compare the two without seeing and knowing what the latest version is capable of (this goes for those comparing the use of both in FS9). We diffidently can go apples for oranges now...

FS2020 

Guest Speed

I don't think anybody did suggest that MT was "better" than UT. Just better for their needs. I almost always fly GA and in and out of regional airport. How would UT help me there? Sure, I could build the GA traffic but life is busy and I would rather just buy it. Speed.

Guest OneTinSoldier

Speed, I'm with you here. I wanted Traffic For Dummies, AND I wanted plenty of GA traffic. Parlty because of the GA traffic, it is a fact that MyTraffic supports more airports in MSFS, about 1,500 more(about 4,000 for UT vs. 5,500 for MT). Also, last but not least, I like the fact that MyTraffic gives me plenty of nighttime traffic. Although that goes a little against the grain of 'As Real As It Gets', it is what I prefer in this case so that I don't have nearly empty airports, radio chatter, and approaches at night. I also want to mention that I saw a screenshot of UT planes, I couldn't hardly tell the difference in the screenie from what MyTraffic planes look like. If there is some difference, it must be very small. In conclusion, it comes down to personal preferences for various reasons, and for me, I'm sticking with MyTraffic 2004 here on my machine.Cheers,Jim

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hello Markus,Sorry I didn't come around to answer you question until now. The answer is they added planes. How do they look? Up close they certainly don't look as good as the MS default planes. That's in good part due to the fact that they are made to be somewhat framerate friendly. From somewhat of a distance they look ok by me. Here's a list of GA Aircraft folders added by MyTraffic...atk100MY, atk200MY, C141MY, C172MY, C182MY, c182rg_MY, Duke-B60_MY, PA28_1MY.Those folders have a number of liveries for each of those aircrafts too. There may be a few I'm leaving out there, not sure.Cheers,Jim

Jim I hear you here but have you bought the updated UT and played around with it. I'm hearing talk about screen shots and assumptions versus actual facts and research. If having more planes at night and more GA aircraft is your thing then great but the new Ultimate Traffic can be customized to do some or all of the same things as MyTraffic (my interest is a little different than yours so I haven't researched the GA issue you mentioned). Your wrong about the quality of the airline AI traffic between the two. UT has much better looking AI traffic. If you want to incorporate more GA aircraft into UT you have that option I believe. More traffic at night may not be an option because that doesn't reflect real world operations (which I'm a fan of, realistic operations).My point here is it looks like so many are assuming Ultimate Traffic has less to offer than MyTraffic in certain areas. How can one come to any conclusions about something they don't currently own??? Jim I think if you took a deeper look at Ultimate Traffic (purchase and/or look at a friends setup), you'll come away with a different and more informed view than what you have now... I own both and deleted MyTraffic because the difference was like I said above, 'like night and day'. I'm currently looking at getting as many great GA AI aircraft as I can to incorporated into my UT install. Eaglesoft is coming out with AI versions for their birds which will be a welcome addition to my stable.

FS2020