Sign in to follow this  
ssanchez

No clearance departing from non-towered airport

Hello,I just departed a Non-Towered Airport with an IFR plan (KVDF - 2IS). The first communication from VOXAtc was to request Airport Information. There was no request to change to FSS to open flight plan.After leaving the airport area, there was no SQUAWK Code given, even when ATC was providing altitudes and headings.Same after landing. After the "Clear of Runway" message, there was no action to talk to FSS to close the flight plan.

Same here. I flew from an untowered Swedish airport to a towered Finnish airport yesterday and the same occurred:I announced takeoff and departure to local traffic, then switched to an ATC center and flew the rest of the way sqwaking 1200. Approach and tower talked me in, where I landed and shut down.There was no FSS nor Unicom/Multicom at the Swedish airport - which I am guessing was the reason for this behavior.All I know to do is to note the facilities and behaviors present and keep such in a log for future corrective action.