Sign in to follow this  
DAD

FS2Crew functionality?

quick one: does in the speech version the FO handle also buttons and flaps, spoilers etc?I see videos here and there where flaps levers in the cockpit are moving after the flying pilot says something like flaps10 but is this done by the FO or me? I mean, is FS2Crew mainly for checklists and cockpit chatter or does the FO also really (inter)act and push buttons? have to admit that I once bought the FS2Crew version for the default B737 in FSX but never made it beyond going through checklists, let alone make the FO raise the gear or flaps :-).thanks for any clarificationphil

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Hi Phil,It's complete and total interaction, not just checklists.Basically I took the PMDG J41 AOM manual (which is based on Robert Randazzo's old airline), and I modeled the crew procedures described in it.So, when using FS2Crew in the J41, it's a very close approximation to how it was done at Robert's old airline from a multicrew coordination point of view.P.S. In the 'default 737 version', you can control flaps, gear, autopilot, etc., via voice. The required speech commands are in the manual.Cheers,

Hi Phil,It's complete and total interaction, not just checklists.Basically I took the PMDG J41 AOM manual (which is based on Robert Randazzo's old airline), and I modeled the crew procedures described in it.So, when using FS2Crew in the J41, it's a very close approximation to how it was done at Robert's old airline from a multicrew coordination point of view.P.S. In the 'default 737 version', you can control flaps, gear, autopilot, etc., via voice. The required speech commands are in the manual.Cheers,
thanks, bryan. will give it a try.

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

thanks, bryan. will give it a try.
alright, bought and installed it yesterday, will hopefully make a first flight tonight. would love to go through the documentation though but am away from my home desk. is there any link to the documentation for the voice controlled JS41 version so I can read/print it now from my office? Or did I miss the link? Phil

Phil Leaven

First of all: Yeah, I made it. My first flight with FS2Crew. Even though I bought the standard B737 edition almost a year ago this was now a great experience since I never got the 737 to fly with FS2Crew. My bad though, I guess I just don't like that aircraft. Waiting eagerly like many others for the NGX. Anyway, the JS41 flight was quite impressive. And can surely get better the more I understand fs2crew and it's process flow. Which is the blocking point right now. As I have difficulties to find the right words triggering events. Yes, I did read the manual. But with all due respect I do not find it too helpful for beginners like me as it generally describes the various steps but for me it is not always clear when what is expected from me. I was looking out for the key phrases like turn check but missing some others, messing everything up until I coincidently got it to fly. I also got webmaximus' list then which is better but nonetheless I wonder whether there is a real step by step tutorial from you, Bryan? Yes, I started the tutorial flight but even that left me sitting alone on the Tarmac though I expected some accompanying documentation. Instead of just sitting me in a cold and dark jetstream and the very same manual that did not help me before. What did I miss? Is there a short overview somewhere of all triggering phrases and expected answers? Again, a checklist style and not the narration style of the manual. Phil

Phil Leaven

Double posting

Phil Leaven

Hi Phil,It's hard to do a 'short tutorial/overview' because there is just way too much information to convey.We're trying to do the most realistic airline crew simulation possible, and it's very difficult to squish that down.The tutorial is pretty much step by step.Have you "printed" the manual?Printing will make it a lot easier. Just reading it and going on 'memory' would be very tough until you've got the real hang of it.Cheers,

Actually I printed the manual. Is there also a printed tutorial? Where would I find that? Haven't seen a link under my programs or on my desktop?

Phil Leaven

Check the AVSIM library under "js41_fs2crew" and "fs2crew_j41_checklist_v2". These will make things much easier for you. These were beneficial to me, and I then created my own to simplify things a bit further.

Check the AVSIM library under "js41_fs2crew" and "fs2crew_j41_checklist_v2". These will make things much easier for you. These were beneficial to me, and I then created my own to simplify things a bit further.
thx, curt. got the v2 and it helped a lot as it shows (rather) clearly when which words are needed to trigger the mojo, uhm flow...will also try the other one from graham. bryan, great work. like it! once got the fs2crew for the standard 737 but never really liked it, primarily because I did/do not like the airplane, too simplistic and non-PMDG. now flying with the J41 is really fun, will probably get the version for the new NGX too once it (either one) is available.just 3 remarks:- I hear FO voice via HS. every time I access FSX menu and go back to my flight the voice comes through the normal speakers and not the headset for some seconds, then via HS again. no real problem, just wanted to let you know that FS2Crew is somehow getting confused when this menu access happens- re the 'tutorial' I found the saved flight but where is the actual tutorial? I mean, is it just the flight? but then it does not really help since I would expect a checklist I can go through to set everything up and follow the tutorial, not just a 'situation' file. where did I miss the crucial part here? Yes, I have the manual and prined it but I did not see any reference to any tutorial in there or did I miss it?- would be great to see a video of the button version of fs2crew, too, somewhere. voice is great but a) my pronounciation of number 2 must be weird as it is seldom recognized, making heading adjustments a real fuss and I already try to avoid any heading commands with a 2 in them :-). besides that :( I find it not too funny to talk to my PC but my wife does even more :( . might hence also consider one or the other button version but wonder how the 'flow' works then ,especially how to give heading commands etc.bestphil

Phil Leaven