Sign in to follow this  
Guest daveg4otu

Old computer RAM addition ?

My current system is a AMD Athlon 1.3GHZ with 256 MB RAM and a Geforce 2 i can cope with this and it runs say PSS A330's very smoothly. I have discovered an old system recently which i can "borrow" the parts from is it possible to add a little more RAM to try and get a FS9 performance boost. The RAM of the other system is a 64MB, i am putting a request for Alienware this X-mas!RegardsG-MIDYhttp://www.airliners.net/open.file/265713/L/

Lawrence Ashworth

XhCuv5H.jpg

Guest ccgr

I am assuming the systems are both running DDR RAM? My guess is 2100 speed, if they are using similar modules and you have the extra memory slot go for it! Alienware is expensive...

Guest Bob Z

Try kingston.com or simpletech.com sites. They have memory configurator utilities on the front page where you key in yout PC model and config and it will tell you what memory type and combinations are allowed on that PC. Kingston also has a very good explanation of memory types under the "support" menu.

Guest daveg4otu

You don't specify your OS but.......Generally speaking ,the more RAM the better- up to 512MB for Win98/ME or 3GB forWinXP(if you can find a motherboard which can accomodate 3GB!).Exceeding 512MB in Win9x can give rise to problems.Dave