Sign in to follow this  
Yassine - d

low fps on fs9 @ Very Good Game Computer

Hi, I have FS2004 installed on a Good Gaming pc, with Rex, NL2000 V3, PMDG 737, Ground Evironment, Mutch Aerosoft's addons, and SKAI TRAFFIC v2.3 installed.My problem is, when i am @ a gate with a pmdg 737-800 on London Heathrow, with Every sliders on max on fs2004 i just get frams around the 18, 16, 17, 19, Frames per second. I think that's really wird with my pc, here are some Specs: -i7 870 @ 2.93 ghz, -ATI Raedon 5870 Direct x 11 -6 GB RAM.Please, Somebody help me ?

Possibly a problem with the AI such as duplicate AFCAD or something. Also check your running processes list within windows whilst FS9 is running. You'll be able to see if theres a rogue program using a lot of CPU power up while FS9 is running.

You'll be able to see if theres a rogue program using a lot of CPU power up while FS9 is running.
The rogue program is the SKAI traffic package.:(

Mike...

OS?antivirus OFF?'tweeks' you are using in the FS9.cfg?how many planes, not what traffic, how many planes are on-ground at Heathrow?--
Euhm. i don't no Actually, but i have my traffic set on 90 % and the most times i have the full terminal with some empty gates. 80 - 70 % traffic on a terminal. See Terminal 5 or something.How do you can see all the programs what are running during flight simulator, and witch one takes a lot of the cpu power ?

Guest belga1

Hello,Task ManagerHow access it ?Those 3 keys pressed in samer timeALT - CTRL - DEL In the window who show you have some tabs:You can check Processes and Performancesi20s48.jpgRegards.bye.gifGus.

Guest kbpilot5

I have this same issue. Still haven't figured out the reason.

fs9 is a cpu bound/intensive program - very often stuttering and/or bad fps is caused by wasted cpu resources. Examples - fs9 constantly searching for missing effects, textures or any other currently required missing data. This problem can vary widely depending on current active scenery or AI. I've found Process Monitor to be an invaluable tool in tracking down such issues: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645In my experience the major culprit is AI traffic, at least when using WOAI packages. Can't speak to other traffic programs but very often WOAI aircraft are calling for various effects which I do not have. It's then a simple matter to resolve that problem in various ways to stop fs9's futile searching.Naturally Procmon can also tell you generally what other programs/processes are demanding cpu resources.I also highly recommend Aircraft Analyzer 2005 http://aifs.pvdveen.net/ - another invaluable tool for various things including a 'fault finder' that can help identify cpu cycle wasting issues with your AI or even user aircraft.

Regards,

Mark

Guest simmer9304

Since this post is in addition to complaining about low FPS in FSX it appears something is very wrong. FS9 runs well on Pentium 4's with 8800GT's but is reliant on clock speed so like it was suggested in the FSX forum you need to overclock to get the most out of your CPU.Besides that it sounds like there is just something wrong. Total reinstall may be in order.

A big airport like London Heathrow will always slow down your frame rate to a degree. But, if it is also a cloudy day then much much more!!!!!vololiberista