Sign in to follow this  
Comanche

RXP WX500 install

Thanks to the advice of others here, I was able to get my RXP 430 installed in the top position. I dont have the unlimited kit, so I left the bottom default, which is fine for me. I also replaced the Weather Radar with RXP WX500 and everything seems to be working fine. I was one of the few getting CTD with the default Radar on, Now its fine.Rob

Hi Rob,did you completly cut the carenado wx radar out of the panel.cfg? I did this and retrofitted the RXP WX 500 also like you and it SEEMS to fix my CTD too. Can you confirm this?! Are you still free of CTD´s ? :( I ask because at first I left the carenado wx radar inside the panel.cfg hidden like we had to do in the Carenado Caravan and there I still had the CTD issue, after finding out to be able to cut it completely out it looks fine now.I realy hope so much to have found the reason for CTD´s finally! :( Cheers,Andreas

I commented it out of the config and added a new line for the RXP Weather radar using the same coordinates. It works fine and I flew for 3 hours last night without any CTD's. Before, I could only get about an 1/2 hour to an hour before it would crash FSX. Note: If I left the default weather radar off, it would not crash. Anyhow, Im happy now, I like this one a lot better. Rob

Hi Rob,did you completly cut the carenado wx radar out of the panel.cfg? I did this and retrofitted the RXP WX 500 also like you and it SEEMS to fix my CTD too. Can you confirm this?! Are you still free of CTD´s ? :( I ask because at first I left the carenado wx radar inside the panel.cfg hidden like we had to do in the Carenado Caravan and there I still had the CTD issue, after finding out to be able to cut it completely out it looks fine now.I realy hope so much to have found the reason for CTD´s finally! :( Cheers,Andreas