Sign in to follow this  
Guest Devrij

E8400 to 2500K

Guest Devrij

I did say I would post up after getting things going. Previous spec: E8400 @4.25GHz4GB DominatorXFX 5850 @950/1200New Spec:2500K @4.3GHz (not had time to play just yet)4GB Geil5850@ 950/1200Previously, I'd been having issues with blurries, and had managed to get to at least smooth flight via the FFTF=0 and internally limit to 30 (as I currently am btw), but the visual result was poor with loading textures becoming very apparent in anything but fair weather and away from cities.Now, the NL2000v4 scenery that I'd obsessed about so long loads perfectly, very sharp, LOD radius increased to 5.5, cloud draw increased to 70 mi, weather or no weather, rock solid 30fps. I have only had about an hour to play with it so still a bit of fine tuning to smooth it out (panning induces a micro-stutter, but better than the heavy stutter of my old rig).In short, it was well worth the upgrade. Do it.I forgot to enable AA and AF for this shot, but just to give you an idea2011-1-19_23-43-7-718-1.jpg

Very nice! Congrats on the upgrade. I was planning to purchase a sandy set-up this month as well but my car decided not work lol. I'll get there soon though.

Rob Simmons

I did say I would post up after getting things going. Previous spec: E8400 @4.25GHz4GB DominatorXFX 5850 @950/1200New Spec:2500K @4.3GHz (not had time to play just yet)4GB Geil5850@ 950/1200Previously, I'd been having issues with blurries, and had managed to get to at least smooth flight via the FFTF=0 and internally limit to 30 (as I currently am btw), but the visual result was poor with loading textures becoming very apparent in anything but fair weather and away from cities.Now, the NL2000v4 scenery that I'd obsessed about so long loads perfectly, very sharp, LOD radius increased to 5.5, cloud draw increased to 70 mi, weather or no weather, rock solid 30fps. I have only had about an hour to play with it so still a bit of fine tuning to smooth it out (panning induces a micro-stutter, but better than the heavy stutter of my old rig).In short, it was well worth the upgrade. Do it.I forgot to enable AA and AF for this shot, but just to give you an idea2011-1-19_23-43-7-718-1.jpg
Same results here. Went from E8500 at 4.0ghz 4gb ram1066 and gtx285 to this:2600k which i can run at anywhere between 4.0 to 4.6. Haven`t tried higher yet. Ram 2x4gb 1600 with GTX580.I too had blurries with the more intense sceneries like Pacific NorthWest. Not anymore. I can now run that scenery with max settings and NO BLURRIES.There are no tweaks in the FS.cfg. The board is an Asus P8P67dlx. And the heatsink is a Noctua 12 with 2 fans. This CPU is amazing: at 4.6ghz in FSX the core temps are between 45 and 54 celsius. Unbelievable. I will probably try 5.0 just for the sake of it.It appears I have a D2 one of the best.Well, I just wanted to confirm what Devrij was saying. In our case it was worth it.Pierre

Pierre