Sign in to follow this  
HUSSAR

Professional Flight Planner X

From the makers of TOPCAT.Not just for FSX but for you FS9'ers as well http://www.pfpx.com/Looks like it will be a nice program.

\Robert Hamlich/

Indeed looking very promessing, looking at TOPCAT which is at the top of proffessionalism almost can be used for real airplanes :(

Arslan Nouar

It definitely looks very good and no doubt I'll buy it! Only slight "problem" is that I already use Vroute Pro which I love and has some very cool features for us VATSIMmers. Of course Vroute doesn't create routes, you choose among those in its database, and this softwares integration with TOPCAT also makes it even more tempting. How many pages will a full flight report create? The software should include some kind of "export PDF to ipad" feature! :D

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

The market already seems to be saturated with very good flight/dispatch planners, but given that this will be to the same standard as TOPCAT, I guess I'll be picking it up.

The only think that will convince me to leave FSBuild behind, is if it gives better routes and exports to all the addons that FSBuild supports. Otherwise I see no good reason to purchase it. Right now, I have the luxury of clicking "generate route" and see the route appear for all addons I have, all in the correct folder.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Benjamin, I agree with you, if it won't really set up a better flight plan than even the default FSX planner (whose navaids are terribly outdated), I'd go ahead with FSBuild or Super Flight Planner instead, although it does sound appeasing enough to have myself get out of the well outdated SID/STARS of CGK/WIII. Dave.

It definitely looks very good and no doubt I'll buy it! Only slight "problem" is that I already use Vroute Pro which I love and has some very cool features for us VATSIMmers. Of course Vroute doesn't create routes, you choose among those in its database, and this softwares integration with TOPCAT also makes it even more tempting. How many pages will a full flight report create? The software should include some kind of "export PDF to ipad" feature! :D
The export option you mentioned is a great idea, I have not had a good read of the forum but those would be great options to include.
The only think that will convince me to leave FSBuild behind, is if it gives better routes and exports to all the addons that FSBuild supports. Otherwise I see no good reason to purchase it. Right now, I have the luxury of clicking "generate route" and see the route appear for all addons I have, all in the correct folder.
Same here, FSBuild has been my mainstay for years and now that Ernie has come to an agreement with Navdata to provide regular AIRAC updates it is an even better package. Still disappointed about not being able to export flightplans in .rte2 format for PMDG.

\Robert Hamlich/

As a TOPCAT user, I'll be keeping an eye on this.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Benjamin, I agree with you, if it won't really set up a better flight plan than even the default FSX planner (whose navaids are terribly outdated), I'd go ahead with FSBuild or Super Flight Planner instead, although it does sound appeasing enough to have myself get out of the well outdated SID/STARS of CGK/WIII. Dave.
Then I suggest you "update" your navaids here !!!!vololiberista

I don't know how PMDG rte2 differs from rte but here is from the export listing of the new 2.405 version of FSBuild is the PMDG export description.

Same here, FSBuild has been my mainstay for years and now that Ernie has come to an agreement with Navdata to provide regular AIRAC updates it is an even better package. Still disappointed about not being able to export flightplans in .rte2 format for PMDG.