Sign in to follow this  
rowcoach

Couple small bugs with 737-800

Good evening all,I just purchased this NGX 737 800/900 for FS9 this afternoon. I tried some short hops this evening, but ran in to a couple issues. One of them was kind of addressed here, but I was unable to see if it was resolved.- I noticed that the auto brake control doesn't work. If I select RTO, it doesn't return to off once I pull the landing gear in. I don't know if this is the way it is supposed to work. I also noticed that when I landed, a light saying the brakes had de-activated. Again, I haven't seen this happen on any other plane - so I don't know if this is actually more realistic or not.- I also saw that as soon as I put the flaps down, I had the red dotted line covering the whole speed tape - this was both on landing and take-off and I was well below either stall or overspeed. The fix I saw for this mentioned a gauge needed to be updated. Do I just go on the PMDG website and pull off the upgades or is there another fix I'm missing?Thank you in advance for any suggestions you may have.Cheers,Colin Gray

- I noticed that the auto brake control doesn't work. If I select RTO, it doesn't return to off once I pull the landing gear in. I don't know if this is the way it is supposed to work. I also noticed that when I landed, a light saying the brakes had de-activated. Again, I haven't seen this happen on any other plane - so I don't know if this is actually more realistic or not.
Neither of these are bugs. RTO has no spring loading or solenoid to move it to any other position. That's the "Pilot Monitoring" or "Pilot Not Flying" job after take off and after landing.The Auto Brake Disarm light means that you have applied more braking action that the auto brake did, and it is now not active.Good questions, though.The other stuff is computer side. I'll gladly yield to the tech-gurus.

Matt Cee

Neither of these are bugs. RTO has no spring loading or solenoid to move it to any other position. That's the "Pilot Monitoring" or "Pilot Not Flying" job after take off and after landing.The Auto Brake Disarm light means that you have applied more braking action that the auto brake did, and it is now not active.Good questions, though.The other stuff is computer side. I'll gladly yield to the tech-gurus.
I have the same problem with the red lines on the airspeed tape, I dont see how this is a computer issue as it only happens on this plane .it dosent happen on the PMDG 737-600 + 700 .

Full names here please 70727, install using 'install as admin' to override Vista/W7 security nanny. She is preventing an update to the guauges.ini file which causes the airspeed redbrick problem. Hope it helps.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks for all your help.I went through the threads looking for solutions to the speed tape issue. It does seem to come up from time to time in this forum. I tried a number of fixes - uninstalling and reinstalling, removing user controls, installing as admin, and a couple other ideas I read on here. I'm beginning to think it is an issue with my computer and Vista. When I turned off User Controls, I couldn't even run FS9 - I got a number of missing scenery messages and then an error message saying FS9 has stopped working. I've also noticed that when I install repaints, some will show up while others do not. Best I can figure, it's an issue with my OS.Is there anyway I can download the guages.ini file on it's own to see if there are any changes I can make?Thanks again,Colin Gray

You need to turn off UAC before installing programs, otherwise, when you turn it off, the program is routing calls to the wrong folders (UAC creates 'ghost' folders that don't overwrite the default install items). Basically, when you turned it off, it stopped looking for the 'ghost' folders and thus your issues.It may be best to reformat your system. Turn off UAC first, and then re-install your programs. Either that or uninstall programs, turn off UAC and reinstall. In the end, I just left UAC on and used my own methods of dealing with it (setting admin privileges, running as admin, etc).

Kyle Rodgers