Sign in to follow this  
Pochi

Open Clouds and wind shifting

Hi everybody,I am using the marvelous Open Clouds for my real time weather flights but on my first flight with PMDG J41 (and I guess my first "that high" flight in FSX FL190) I was unable to finish my flight due to wind shift creating a sudden overspeed that made my plane crashed.I know about that problem but I thought that was not a matter with Open Clouds...currently, the only way I found to avoid this is to disable Wind aloft in Open Clouds...but that is not so fun without them.My question: Is there a way to keep wind aloft and avoiding wind shift in the same time with Open Clouds (and without using FSUIPC)?Best regards,Pierre Laine

I take it you don't want to register your FSUIPC and enable the wind shift fix?To be honest, FSUIPC is the best way to control wind shifts that I've found.

And its cheap. lso offers really good joystick clibrtion utility, but got it just for th ewind fix.

Use "Active Sky x", its alot better, you can komplement your graphics as well with "X graphics", i use them every day, it makes everything so real.

The only effective way to get wind aloft shifts under control is the registered version of FSUIPC I'm afraid. It would not let wind speed and direction change faster than you allowed it in the configuration.Active Sky is a great weather addon, but it does little to nothing to get rid of those ugly wind changes from 100kt headwind to 100kt tail wind.Cheers

Dear all,Thanks for your answers.In fact, I am planning to buy ASE but not right now...matter of money^^ If I use ASE can I expect the wind shift problem to be over?Pierre Laine

Hi,If you go with ASE, most of your wind shifts will be gone. There may be some aircraft that still are shift sensitive, but we even have suggestions for that as well.In fact, we worked very hard to eliminate these with our SP2, which was released about a month ago.I would not suggest going way back to ASX as that was our first FSX weather program and we have learned so much since then.

Hi,If you go with ASE, most of your wind shifts will be gone. There may be some aircraft that still are shift sensitive, but we even have suggestions for that as well.In fact, we worked very hard to eliminate these with our SP2, which was released about a month ago.I would not suggest going way back to ASX as that was our first FSX weather program and we have learned so much since then.
100% agree with Jim comments. ASE w/SP2 works flawlesly. I fly in DWC mode and (as I advised several times) the supress TURBULENCE option in FSUIPC completely, 100% of the time removes the S-Turns issues with Level-D and PMDG A/C.