Sign in to follow this  
HoratioWondersocks

my traffic 2006 Recommend it for older PCs

HelloI have just accidentally wiped a very long post praising MY traffic 2006 (the now freeware download of a couple of weeks ago) bl..dy hell its irritating when you do thatTo précisIf your PC is A little grey around the USB ports ,then I would thoroughly recommend this program.I can run significantly more AI than I could with my old prog Traffic 2005 with a greater performance as well.My PC P4 2.8GHz ,GForce 6600GT ,1GB ram.So if your PC is a pensioner like mine ,but you like your AI then MY Traffic is a good bet for you, if it is still available I would get it.Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

If you are not lazy then I recommend you the whole World Of AI packages from their website ;)

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

If you are not lazy then I recommend you the whole World Of AI packages from their website ;)
HelloI have used woai in the past.I think they are better models than MYT(MYT uses DXT1 as well as 3) and therefore there can be a performance hit.I only mention MY Traffic because it seems to be very good for older PCs.Plus its free and easy to install as well.You only notice the somewhat lesser quality of the MYT models if you examine them closely.From a distance they look fine.cheers Andy

I recently did a clean reinstall of FS9 and decided to try out MT2006 instead of Ultimate Traffic (which I think is great) simply to check it out and for the Military flights. The military aircraft are very cool and I was wondering if it's possible to have those flights working and not the commercial airliners?

Alexander Alonso

I haven't seen any military aircraft yet...I know there there because I see them in the aircraft folder.Presumably you have to go to military airfields.Anyway I still think MT is good.cheers Andy

Andy: I've always wanted to try this addon. Does it actually regulate AI better than, say WOAI with AISmooth installed? Or will I still have to run AISmooth with it? And, If I want to try MT06, I would have to uninstall all of my WOAI airlines. wouldn't I? Or at least the .bgls, right? Is there any way to do this all at once? Perhaps in one step?

I think the question on everyone's mind is, can My Traffic 2006 produce a good cup of tea?Regards, Mike Mann

I think the question on everyone's mind is, can My Traffic 2006 produce a good cup of tea?Regards, Mike Mann
Actually, I wasn't even thinking along those lines -- but if it DOES, I'd sure like to know about it!

Andy: I've always wanted to try this addon. Does it actually regulate AI better than, say WOAI with AISmooth installed? Or will I still have to run AISmooth with it? And, If I want to try MT06, I would have to uninstall all of my WOAI airlines. wouldn't I? Or at least the .bgls, right? Is there any way to do this all at once? Perhaps in one step?
Hello Chuck You are testing my rather limited knowledge here.As to installing MT this is what I did firstly with Traffic 2005 (which I have been using for years ) a lot of guesswork,but I created a folder on my desktop called Traffic 2005 hanger ,I then moved all the T2005 AI aircraft from the FS9 aircraft folder into the T 2005 hanger folder on the desktop. I then removed the T2005 bgl and placed that next to the t2005 hanger folder on desktop.Then I ran the MT installer, I cant remember exactly what was involved ,but it installed and ran without problems.As to separation of the traffic and having to use AI smooth I cant really say. as I now fly without default(or any) ATC my take-offs are much easier now without being constantly held by ATC whilst Cessna's practice touch and goes ,or huge queue's of airliners build up leaving me chewing my finger nails until take-off. (I will say that I do try to observe decent practice on the ground and will not taxi over, under, or around other aircraft. I use my tcas and eyes to check that nothing is on approach and then of I go)You seem to have a very good Sim set-up so I wonder if you really need to use MT? I am only recommending(for dinoplodicus PCs I.E mineBatting%20Eyelashes.gif) it as it seems to provide a real boost in the amount of AI I can use over T2005 without any loss in performance.PS I wonder if you just remove the relevant BGLs you can leave the current AI (woai in your case )in the aircraft folder?however it was not a big deal just to cut and paste into a hanger program.The former option may well save a bit of time though.I hope this gives you some food for thought.AndyPS don't quite no why text size keeps changing if i cut and paste so apologies for that.

Thanks for taking the time, Andy! FYI, The World of AI installer comes with an "uninstall all" routine. So here I go again on another FS9 experiment . . .! :(

Hi ChuckYou have probably done your unin by now. But if you haven't wouldn't it be better just to remove your WOAI Aircraft to a hanger folder plus the relevant BGL .From what I remember WOAI aircraft are not loaded as a single package and it can take a long time to get all the various packages installed and of course if you don't like MT you will have to re-install them again.I wouldn't want to think I might be responsible for causing you grief in the AI dept.rolleyes.gifcheers Andy

Hi ChuckYou have probably done your unin by now. But if you haven't wouldn't it be better just to remove your WOAI Aircraft to a hanger folder plus the relevant BGL .From what I remember WOAI aircraft are not loaded as a single package and it can take a long time to get all the various packages installed and of course if you don't like MT you will have to re-install them again.I wouldn't want to think I might be responsible for causing you grief in the AI dept.rolleyes.gifcheers Andy
You're absolutely right, Andy. My uninstall went "fine" (or so I was told by the WOAI installer) but when I tried to reinstall my backup (I found out too late that my download of MT2006 was corrupted) it was a complete failure. I opened up both Aircraft and Scenery/World/Scenery folders and found that the uninstall procedure had left behind about 6 WOAI aircraft and almost all 300 (?) .bgl's. I ended up just cutting them out into another folder on one of my backup drives and, by the time I was done with that I had downloaded a good copu of MT2006 (and spent 4.95 for the 3 day premium membership at the download site because I have no patience!). I'm on my first flight with MyTraffic right now so I'll no more a little later - a pre-dawn flight from TJSJ - KPHL. Should arrive around 8:00 AM, with 100% AI and all sliders right, so we'll see what the story is with this . . . if it's good performance, I'll probably invest in any upgrade over at one of the shops.

Hi Chuck,There aren't any paid upgrades for MyTraffic 2006 and FS2004, Burkhard stopped development for FS2004 a long long time ago hence the reason he made MyTraffic 2006 abandonware recently.

Cheers, Andy.

Thanks, Andy! I was afraid of that (I think). Isn't there a Traffic something 2008 though? I'll have to look around myself. Thanks, again guys! This may be cool -- I used to think it was a bit overpriced considering it was developed over 4 years ago, but if it gets me a frame or two extra, I'll now wish I had supported it with a full purchase. Very much "my bad".

Isn't there a Traffic something 2008 though?
Not that I know of and certainly not by Burkhard, he only develops for FSX now, he is very active with development of MyTraffic X though, its excellent value for money.

Cheers, Andy.