Sign in to follow this  
_michal

Autogen buildings

Can't beat a steaming great Parthenon in your garden.Its rumoured that the ancient Greeks first sampled the finest teas from ancient Cathay in that very place.Andacles
I think 'Aces' were on something stronger than tea when they thought of Autogen for the UK ! :(

The autogen in XP10 sure looks good.In FSX the houses/trees are ridiculously over-sized, with houses as big as warehouses! In XP10 the houses/trees look correctly scaled. Hopefully XP10 will only 3rd party devs to create highly customized/region specific autogen. Hopefully also the autogen will support different housing densities, including overcrowded 'slum' type areas.
I totally agree. I think 'regionalisation' is here now in X-plane 9 but it hasn't been capitalised on. Ben Supnik (X-plane10 scenery developer) wrote this yesterday on the X-plane.org's forum:"....that has been a little bit frustrating for me - my hope had been that with the library system working, documented (there are tutorials..with pictures! :-) and 3-d programs, people would consider 'regionalizing'...it's something you can do without having to sweat the difficulty of placing objects. But...I haven't seen major adoption.I'm hoping we'll see regionalization in v10, but building AG for v10 _will_ be more complex than for v9...v9 AG is basically just objects, but the v10 AG requires some ground artwork that has to be formatted in just the right way.cheersben"So it can be done, it just needs people to take the plunge and do it. X-plane 10 is looking very good and it's nice to have some healthy competition for Flight. It drives progress IMOH.Rhydian

I have a general question about XPlane. Are houses, buildings, cars, aircraft, and trees scaled correctly with respect to the land area they occupy?The screen shots are impressive. Add "Peopleflow" technology (with acceptable framerates) and we've arrived!

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.