Sign in to follow this  
Kosta

Mouse, mice and similar monsters!

So, how important to you is a mouse? I just thought of starting this topic to see how mice (trackballs, anyone using such thing?) are important to us simmers?For me, choosing a right mouse is worse than choosing a dress for a girl.Each 3-5 years I'm confronted with a heavy decision to change a mouse. Depending how long it's holding...Up until now, I had Logitech Revolution MX, and I *must* have back and forward buttons and a double click on the single button somewhere well positioned.Without those functions, I'm literally lost on my computer. I can work anywhere else with a simple mouse... but on my PC, it must have these functions. And it has to be a really good quality mouse - good materials, sit well in the hand and NOT too small. I hate small mice.I used upper "search" button of MX Rev. as a double click, and simply loved it! Now unfortunately, it's main button is starting to double click sometimes, so have to get a new one.I read tens of reviews on the new Performance MX, and simply can't get friendly with it.Decided to get the G700, so I have it here beside me... it's a beautiful mouse, with tons of buttons and I'm starting slowly to fall in love with it... but really, so hard parting with my belowed MX Revolution.So, I hold myself for a real mouse-fetishist. So what's your opinion!?

Personally I like to use my keyboard as much as I can for almost everything I do with computers.When simming, I do all I can to avoid using both the mouse and the keyboard. Got me a yoke, two TQ, the rudder pedals, the VRIsnsight Combo Panel and the best parts in my setup: a 23' touchscreen + TrackIRMy wireless keyboard + mouse cost me some 17€ both

I've always been partial to trackball 'meese' myself. :P I have a Logitech TrackMan Wheel, and it works great! I like the fact that it can stay in one place on the desk. The rest of the commands are split between the keyboard and my CH Eclipse.Alan :)

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

Hahah, so no freaks like miself out there... I know that most try to keep everything on the yoke/joystick and keyboard, since that's where action is, but still, using mouse is inevitable! And still, 90% of the time you ARE using it...

Guest firehawk44

I agree Word Not Allowed. I have to have the forward and reverse buttons plus the scroll wheel or I will have "issues" with me mouse. But, even more important to me is the power supply (wireless, corded, USB). I tried the wireless ones and they worked okay for a while but the batteries had to be replaced constantly (constantly=once weekly). So I only like the USB wire connected mice. The corded mouse, where you plug the mouse into the mouse port in the back of your computer is slowly going away. It's mainly USB cord connected or wireless today. Although I had issues with a wireless mouse for my desktop, I do have a laptop with a wireless mouse that is connected through a USB plug (I don't like that thingy on the laptop below the keys where you can move the cursor. Got to have a mouse to get around). Anyway, this wireless mouse use to last about a week too until I discovered that you place the USB plug back into the bottom of the mouse and it turns the mouse off completely until you're ready to use it again. This works great as the mouse batteries haven't been replaced for over a year! So it pays to read the manual if you get one of these new-fangled high tech wireless mice. I like the fact that you can use the mouse and the spacebar to move around in FSX and zoom in and out with the scroll wheel. It makes it a little easier getting around. Best regards,Jim

MX1100 for me too. Iv'e had mine for a while now & love it. My son got one first & I was so impressed I upgraded from my MX620.I don't use the programmed buttons for FSX so much but for general use & playing Call of Duty (various versions).

Cheers, Ross

i910900KF | ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Extreme Z590 | ASUS ROG STRIX RTX3070 OC 8Gb | 32Gb G.Skill  Ripjaws DDR4 3200 I  Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing | Samsung SSD 870 1TB GB HD | WIN 10 64 Bit

I've always been partial to trackball 'meese' myself. :P I have a Logitech TrackMan Wheel, and it works great! I like the fact that it can stay in one place on the desk. :)
Same here!I couldn't use a mouse no more :--)

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Hi all,In my opinion Microsoft Sidewinder X6 Keyboard paired with the X8 mouse is the best! The X8 is a wireless mouse, however, comes with a USB block that can sit on your desk. This is the wireless receiver. Inside the receiver is a handy 2m chord that connects via magnets to the front of the mouse for charging. Personally I keep it connected 24/7, but when disconnected, there are never any issues. Max 4000dpi, tons of buttons, cool red LED's, comfortable to hold. 10 outta 10 from me hahaha. PS: No, I am not a Microsoft Hardware sales Rep ;)

Logitech Trackman here, alsoWhile I generally hate the touch pad on my laptop, it is handy to be able to zoom in and out with two fingers.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Hi all,In my opinion Microsoft Sidewinder X6 Keyboard paired with the X8 mouse is the best! The X8 is a wireless mouse, however, comes with a USB block that can sit on your desk. This is the wireless receiver. Inside the receiver is a handy 2m chord that connects via magnets to the front of the mouse for charging. Personally I keep it connected 24/7, but when disconnected, there are never any issues. Max 4000dpi, tons of buttons, cool red LED's, comfortable to hold. 10 outta 10 from me hahaha. PS: No, I am not a Microsoft Hardware sales Rep ;)
Wanna hear something really funny: my X8 Fable Edition, which I got for free from Microsoft on the Xbox360 Kinect presentation, got sold for 1€ on Ebay!http://cgi.ebay.at/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280576660814&ssPageName=STRK:MESDIX:IT

I've been using a Logitech wireless Trackman for years. I tried to go back to a mouse but I couldn't do it. My wife just bought me a Logitech G13 gamepad for my birthday. It provides a boatload of buttons for different programs.

NAX669.png

Funny you say that, I was thinking of G13 just yesterday evening. But also about a new keyboard, like G110 or G510. I have this old Saitek Eclipse, which is still going strong, only the lighting is very weak, and it has now about 8 years I think. Time to change :Big Grin: G-Keyboards provide same G-Keys as G13 pad, so I dunno what to get...

I use a Logitech G5...with about half the weight in. Perfect for me, perfect for Battlefield 2 when I played it.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I just use my laptop touch pad and a Logitek M305 set for left hand use. I fly with a joy stick in my right hand a mouse in my left, I'm ambidextrous. I wish Saitek would make joy sticks for lefties.