Sign in to follow this  
Joel

FPS Limiter

Everyone is using an FPS limiter but I can't find a download link anywhere! Can someone help me out?

I currently use a program called FPS Limiter 0.2. Do a Google search for it, and you should return quite a few results.

Joe Sherrill

I currently use a program called FPS Limiter 0.2. Do a Google search for it, and you should return quite a few results.
That's what I'm looking for. I can't find the download link anywhere. Where did you find it?

What does it do?
+1. Give it better framerate results even if you have low framerates (10-20fps average) ?Eric

what does it do/When in external views, and if flying default scenery, my fps spike from 40-100fps,, soo fps limiter creates and upper braket so you dont get the spikes = smooth flying

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Sorry if I sound dumb, but wouldn't using the FPS limit in FSX or FS9 work just the same (for example, set FPS to 40 instead of unlimited)?

There was rumor of a bug in the frame rate limiter that FSX has. When reducing your frames, it would cause stutters. By using the FPS limiter, you leave your frames in FSX unlocked and control them externally from the game. I have used it for over a year now and find that it makes my experience virtually stutter free. Also, I would see swings of framerates jumping all over the place even much lower than the 30 FPS I have selected in FPS limiter with stutters. With FPS limiter, no stutters and rarely ever dips below 30 FPS.ChuckCYXU

I couldn't get it to work with my GTX480. It just stayed at unlimited whatever settings I tried.I went back to the FSX slider control. That works great as long as I set fps low enough for the card to have time to build a buffer.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

I couldn't get it to work with my GTX480. It just stayed at unlimited whatever settings I tried.I went back to the FSX slider control. That works great as long as I set fps low enough for the card to have time to build a buffer.
If on Vista / W7, you need to run it as administrator or turn off UAC

There's an alternate limiter ******* Altuve has posted that works a lot better - problem is you can't use ENB Series with it because they both work on the same principle of hooking the d3d9 driver. ******* is working on his own combined HDR+limiter dll he told me.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Thank you; back later...

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

There's an alternate limiter ******* Altuve has posted that works a lot better - problem is you can't use ENB Series with it because they both work on the same principle of hooking the d3d9 driver. ******* is working on his own combined HDR+limiter dll he told me.
Can you post the link?

Sorry but I don't know what "ENB series" are.Best Regards,Bert Van Bulck