Sign in to follow this  
Joel

FPS Limiter

Never had a issue with it. I use the internal FSX limiter and set at 30fps and never see any stutter and is always at or below 30fps depending on the scenery. Why use another program eating up those precious CPU cycles.

Well I'm back on 21fps internal. Drops occasionally with lots of buildings around. The big problem is any other aircraft in the sky with you, or mainly if they are taking off and landing; slows my rig noticeably.I keep the Ai sliders down.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Never had a issue with it. I use the internal FSX limiter and set at 30fps and never see any stutter and is always at or below 30fps depending on the scenery. Why use another program eating up those precious CPU cycles.
Hers is why. I believe ******* is correct. See his link in my sig it works.
Unlimited frames / External Frame locking It might sound 'confusing' to ask you to set FSX to unlimited frames and at the same time ask you to LIMIT them externally. The reason, is because FSX is 'optimized' to process terrain loading on your aditional CPU's but ONLY when frames are set to unlimited. Unfortunately, running frames to unlimited also stresses FSX unnecesarily, so to counter this you need a very simple app that limits your FPS so CPU/GPU usage within FSX is kept constant to reduce stuttering due to CPU spikes. The tool can be downloaded here you need WinRAR (a program similar to WinZip) in order to open the file. You'll notice that FPS fluctuates a bit when using the FPS limiter, don't worry this is completely normal, most of the time it will maintain FPS constant which is what you need.

©2010 ******* 'Bojote' Altuve. All rights reserved. Check ******* LinkedIN page here

hi have just set up fps limiter and notice that my fps alternates between 30 and 32 is this normal, also when you click on the bat file to open fsx another box opens up should this be left open while using the fps limiter.

thank you,Jim

Asus Prime Z270-P| I7700k@4.6| 16gDDR4 3000 VengLpx|

Corsair H115aio Cooler| Evga GeForce 1080gpu|Corsair Rm750

hi have just set up fps limiter and notice that my fps alternates between 30 and 32 is this normal, also when you click on the bat file to open fsx another box opens up should this be left open while using the fps limiter.
Leave it open. Once you exit FSX the program will prompt you to "Press any key to exit" and will quit as soon as you do.

Leave it open. Once you exit FSX the program will prompt you to "Press any key to exit" and will quit as soon as you do.
when i click on the bat file fsx starts but my fps in fsx varies from 24 to 50 it looks like im still using the internal frame limiter in fsx i have set up frame limiter again but still doesnt give me steady 30fps i have set fsx to unlimited. anyone any ideas.

thank you,Jim

Asus Prime Z270-P| I7700k@4.6| 16gDDR4 3000 VengLpx|

Corsair H115aio Cooler| Evga GeForce 1080gpu|Corsair Rm750

Not sure what .bat file you are using, Jim.FPS Limiter 0.2 should be an .exe file. A comfortable way to use the FPS limiter would be to create a short cut to the program on your desktop and write the path of your FSX.exe into the destination property of it.

1. Make sure you have set FPS to unlimited within FSX and make sure the sim is not running
  2. Create shortcut
  3. Right click it and select Properties
  4. in the destination field enter your FSX path at the end (for example D:\FPS_Limiter_0.2\FPS_Limiter.exe "D:\FSX\FSX.exe")
  5. Optional: Add /f:x at the end, where x stands for your desired frame rate. The default is 30, which works fine, so no need to bother with that.

As has been mentioned before, the FPS limiter will not work with the ENB Series HDR Mod.

Not sure what .bat file you are using, Jim.
Err, my FS Limiter is a bat file. Mine is listed as fsx.exe.limited.bat.ChuckCYXU

I've got a GTX480. The bat runs the other box runs, fsx runs, but frame rate stays unlimited. I can see that because if I set 11 fps I should be able to look out the side window and see the ground stepping along faintly and smoothly. Instead I just see the whole view stutter like it always does in unlimited. If any Ideas, I will have another go...

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Err, my FS Limiter is a bat file. Mine is listed as fsx.exe.limited.bat.ChuckCYXU
Okay, never mind my post then. But since whatever you are using doesn't seem to work, maybe give the linked FPS limiter a chance.