Sign in to follow this  
neumanix

aa_mode_method_mixedsample_6x

I have a GTX285 1MB (driver version 266.35) and been trying to get maximum quality without frame rate drops. (I use FS9 btw)This card can't handle 8xSQ with very dense clouds without getting occational 50% frame drops, 60fps -> 30fps, but it looks so sweet :/Therefore I went back to the old 8xS, which doesn't give any frame drops, but the shimmering... oh boy.So I tried most of the AA stuff in Nvidia Inspector and I found this mode:aa_mode_method_mixedsample_6xI think it looks better than 8xS but not as good as 8xSQ. There is still shimmer but less than with 8xS.And it handles dense clouds fine and in fact the whole sim felt smoother. You can even throw in some transparency supersampling which helps reduce the shimmer but without affect on fps.So try it out and report what you find!

Still like 8XSQ better :rolleyes:
Of course, 8xSQ is about as good as it gets, but not in heavy weather as mentioned in my first post.This is more like an alternative to 8xS.

Still like 8XSQ better :rolleyes:
I also have a GTX460 and the performance hit in bad weather at 8xSQ is too big for my tastemixedsample_6x looks better than 8xS in vertical lines, but worse in horizontal lines aparently

I also have a GTX460 and the performance hit in bad weather at 8xSQ is too big for my tastemixedsample_6x looks better than 8xS in vertical lines, but worse in horizontal lines aparently
For an even bigger FPS hit try 8S Combined with 4x SS Sparse Grid in heavy clouds. Sure looks good in the VC though.jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

For an even bigger FPS hit try 8S Combined with 4x SS Sparse Grid in heavy clouds. Sure looks good in the VC though.jja
Can't seem to find that one. What's it's label in inspector please?