Sign in to follow this  

3DMark2001SE

I recently ran 3DMark2001SE on my Pc, how ever i was rather dissapointed with my result, i got about 7000. i have a AMD 2200+ CPU with a GF4 TI4600 GPU and 512 mb DDRRAM, other people with worst specs than me get much higher scores, why am i not getting a high score? thanks for you help :-zhelp

My personal opinion is that you shouldn't be all too worried about what score you get there, but anyway, I ran the program my self, and here's what I come up with:Anti-Aliasing can make a big difference, depending on the card of course, but in my case with a GF4 MX440 4x AA gave more than 50% lower score than with no AA!So, make sure they use the same AA setting as you. :)Besides that, the motherboard might possibly be a bottleneck. Which one do you use?Cheers,Dave

Guest SD Sim

Lee,I think your score is definitely anemic, particularly compared to my systems (see my profile comments section). However, there are so many settings available, that more information will be needed in order to assist you. For starters, what are the 3D Mark settings that you use? Do you run the test with a minimal system operating (anti-virus software disabled and so forth)? From there, we can get into the

thanks for your kind offer of help, i tried the test again and got 8100, i had minimal programs running. The settings i used were: 1024 x 768 32 bit colorno antialiasingdouble frame buffercompressed textures 24bitD3D pure hardware T&Lhope to hear from you soon :-)

Guest SD Sim

OK Lee,There are some obvious things to check, and I'll be back at this same location tonight around 7pm (pacific). I'll post a few hints at that time. In the maentime, do you know how to enter your BIOS? If not, this can be accomplished by holding down the delete key during boot up. If you have never been in your BIOS before, now would be a good time to learn. Just remember that you use the arrow keys in combination with the enter key to maneuver the BIOS. To gracefully exit the BIOS, use the F10 key, and DO NOT save any changes.One thing to bear in mind, I suspect that your running a version of the BIOS that may not fully support the XP2200+. I know there are some issues with the A7V333, but I can't quite remember what they are. You should probably take a look at the ASUS web site, in the motherboard section. Happy hunting.

thanks again for your help. my pc has been built by Mesh ( a good pc company in the UK) and i wouldnt expect them to put an incompatible bios in my system (but you never know). Unfortunatly i wont be around at 7pm pacific because i line in england so it will be the equilivent of about 2 am for me. please post you advice tonight and i will be able to recieve it tonight, if this is not possible send me an email leedaly100@hotmail.com thanks again

Guest SD Sim

Hi Lee,I agree that your BIOS should be fine. The next thing to do is to check a number of settings in your BIOS. First, select the "Advanced" tab and make sure that your CPU/PCI frequency is 133/33. The default setting on the A7V333 is actually 100MHz for the CPU, and if that wasn't properly set, then this is the source of your problem. You should also check and report your CPU speed and the CPU frequency multiple. In addition, make certain that both CPU cache levels 1 and 2 are enabled. Next, check your chip configuration at the bottom of the Advanced page. Check to see that SDRAM is configured "By SPD", which basically means that the BIOS settings are adjusted based on the installed memory. My Graphics Aperture Size is set to 64MB, but I wouldn't be too concerned about this yet. We can work on a number of these other settings, but hopefully this won't be necessary.Let me know what you find for these settings, then, if necessary, we can try a few more things. Best of luck, and I hope you had a sound sleep :-)

i tried all the things you said, they are were correctly set. After running 3DMark2001SE after installing the latest drivers my score jumped up to 10616!!!! that is a huge improvement, thanks for your help anyway !!