Sign in to follow this  
thomamaxi

Any Suggestions Please? Jagged edges on aircraft

Hello Fellow simmers and FS addicts,I would be very grateful if some of you computer savvy guys could help. I am not over keen on the glean of the aircrat, the ENVmap used and the dreadful jagged edges you can see from the picture, especially around the aircraft edges. have tried to reduce the mipmap but it doesn't appear to help. If anyone has any ideas please share them.Thank you for your time.PaulSpecs:12GB RamGTX 480Intel core I7 950@3.07GHZ64bit operating system2 Tera byte

Is FS's resolution on the native resolution of your monitor (or anyway, on the same resolution setting your monitor is on)? I have found that I get horribly jagged edges if this is not the case. I have my monitor on 2560x1440, and if I put FSX on, say 1600x900, I get jagged edges. If it's on 1920x1080, it is dramatically reduced, and if it's on 2560x1440, I see no jagged edges.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Is FS's resolution on the native resolution of your monitor (or anyway, on the same resolution setting your monitor is on)? I have found that I get horribly jagged edges if this is not the case. I have my monitor on 2560x1440, and if I put FSX on, say 1600x900, I get jagged edges. If it's on 1920x1080, it is dramatically reduced, and if it's on 2560x1440, I see no jagged edges.
Thank you I will give it a try.Paul

A) Set the Windows screen resolution to the monitor's native resolution if you use an LCD screen. Usually, the drivers detect the screen's capabilities and the highest setting that it presents is normally the native resolution - select this highest resolution setting.:( If you run FSX in full screen mode, set the FSX screen resolution to the same resolution as you've set Windows, i.e. the native resolution of your monitor. Normall, FSX presents you with the allowed range of resolution and color bit depth combinations, as in A) the highest setting here is usually the native screen resolution which you need to select.C) To avoid jagged edges and stepped lines, you have two options:1) Enable FSX built-in anti aliasing option - this gives sufficient anti aliasing to avoid most jagged edges2) Disable FSX built-in anti aliasing option and let the graphics adapter handle it. There is no general rule how to do this because of the different adapters which need different handling, but you can search this forum.Hope this helps a little.

You can also try nVidia Inspector which you can download here:http://blog.orbmu2k....-inspector-toolRyan (Tabs) over at the PMDG forum had a few screenshots featuring his settings in this post:http://forum.avsim.net/topic/291720-how-to-set-aa-in-fs9-and-fsx-for-nvidias-2xxxx-drivers-now-with-working-transparency-aa/but the pics are no longer there. As an alternative you can have a look at Nick N's settings found here:http://www.simforums...topic36586.htmlI've been using Ryan's settings although I believe that Nick's are the same. I'll have a look tomorrow and see if the settings are the same.

\Robert Hamlich/