Sign in to follow this  
Guest JeanLuc_

Flight1 421C Golden Eagle FS9 Compatible?

Anyone have insight as to when the plane will be FS9 compatible? Can't seem to pull up info from the flight1.com sight. Also, looking for recommendation for an excellent twin should 421 not be available for sometime, pay or free. Thanks!Erv KSDF

Intel Core i9-1300K, ASUS TUF Z790-Plus, EVGA 1600 P, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 2TB, Crucial 5200 DDR5 32 GB, MSI  4090, Verjo Aero, Store MSFS 2020.

Been using it fine in FS9, only problem I can't seem to fix is the idle, it tends to die if you take it all the way down. You'll also have to change the GPS to the FS9 one, there is a temp fix in the library, look for the 421_FS9_fix.zip. Other payware twins, all the FSD ones, they fly great in FS9, even better than they did in FS2002 on my rig.Freeware, there are not hardly any good detailed ones, Chuck Dome has some basic ones out. Milton and teams Aero Commanders are pretty fantastic, as well as the Fanda Dash 8, pretty detailed. I wish there was a good King Air available, I know Aeroworx has one in production, should be nice. Hope that helpsI know of another, but don't care to mention them. Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest crabster

Don't hold your breath. I emailed Flight1 and asked them if they were going to come out with an upgrade patch. That was over a week ago..still no reply. (Something that Flight1 is notorious for).

This has been addressed over and over in the Flight1 support forums. They can't release the upgrade until Microsoft releases the Traffic SDK and dll. There is nothing Flight1 can do to speed that up.Mike Bromley

Guest crabster

Mike, maybe you could educate me on this then:"This has been addressed over and over in the Flight1 support forums. They can't release the upgrade until Microsoft releases the Traffic SDK and dll. There is nothing Flight1 can do to speed that up."Why can FSD and Dreemfleet update their airplanes then? This I don't understand.And besides my only gripe with Flight1 is their lack of answering emails. (I've emailed about other things too) They make a nice product, I'll buy from them again (UT when the patch is released) but their customer service is lacking IMO.

There's a fix for the aircraft.cfg file for the idle setting as well. A search in this or the flight1 forums should pull that up - the variable is something like "minimum_idle" and the default setting is 0.000000 - a change to 0.100000 fixes the issue.Good luck.sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Erv: I have the 421 in FS9. A few issues to work out regarding the gps and panel, but she flies like a dream. I think Michael is right on with his choices. For payware, the MAAM B-25 payware is scheduled for it's update very soon. If you like round engines and warbirds, I don't think it gets any better than this one. Allied Flightsim Group has released their NAMC YS-11 freeware for FS9. A complicated aircraft to fly. Very good documentation, and they will continue to update it. Hope this helps

The traffic SDK and dll are required for the GPS and the Sky Watch feature (TCAS). The new GPS gauge for the FS9 upgrade was programmed using a pre-release, beta version of the traffic.dll from Microsoft. When Microsoft releases the final version the 421 upgrade can be tested against it, and if all goes well, can then be released to the public.Why can FSD and Dreamfleet update their airplanes? Because they don't use the same GPS gauge. As far as I know, neither of those aircraft come with a TCAS.As for Flight1's email response not meeting your expectations all I can say is that I would rather have them working on the upgrades then having to spend time answering the same questions in countless emails. The support forums are full of knowledgeable people who can provide answers to the vast majority of the quesions asked. Unfortunately, one of the most frequently asked questions is "When will the update be released?" No one has an answer to that question. I have every confidence that they are doing the best they can.Mike

Flight1 are the only ones to include TCAS in the aircraft, for which the traffic SDK is required which is currently unavailable.As to emails, they go unanswered because those questions are answered in the forums as is clearly stated on the support pages.Flight1 staff will answer emails that are not related to questions that should be directed to the forums, which they and the vollunteers (of which I am one) are monitoring to supply answers. There's a rare question that doesn't get answered within hours with at least a message that it is under investigation with an update to follow soon after.That way everyone can benefit from your question, and we don't have to answer the same questions time and time again in private email which would inevitably lead to form answers being sent which in turn would lead to complaints about support being too impersonal.

Thanks much folks! I'll give your suggestions a shot.Erv KSDF

Intel Core i9-1300K, ASUS TUF Z790-Plus, EVGA 1600 P, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 2TB, Crucial 5200 DDR5 32 GB, MSI  4090, Verjo Aero, Store MSFS 2020.

There is always so much to do in FS9. FSD has great working aircraft, the Flight 1 Cessna 310 is very good. Not to mention the countless freeware aircraft available. Lago has a great Twin Otter.All of which are compatible with FS9. Personally I am looking forward to having the updates to the Cessna 421 and the Meridian. Alas we must wait for whatever the reason.....

Guest Dakota

I won't be buying any more new aircraft from companies that have promised upgrades till they follow through. If the GPS is the problem and we have to wait for the SDK then the new planes would have the same problem. Capt Sim and FSD is the only one that has upgraded all their products so far. Lago has been doing a great job in working to do their upgrades. I have heard nothing from PSS about any of theirs, and flight 1 has not done much with the planes they need to upgrade.

Guest hoohah

I've been flying the 421C in FS9 for some time now (one of the first planes I tried to "migrate"). I replaced the stock GPS with the RXP GNS530, which gives you TCAS as well (and the JetLine 2 is a good addition too). This allows you to get rid of the incompatible module for the C421. And the plane flies great in FS9...

Guest LLgaz

>>>They can't release the upgrade until Microsoft releases the Traffic SDK and dll. There is nothing Flight1 can do to speed that up<<

Guest JeanLuc_

Thanks for this heads up! and to make sure this thread does not bring more confusion than necessary:1) flight1 is a publisher, which happens to also build projects, either with in house ressources or from outside ressources.2) the 421 gauges, which seems to be the root of the problem for the release from reading the comments above in this thread, were developped by Nick Jacobs, who also develop gauges for many Dreamfleet aircrafts. These 421 gauges are sold with the 421 which is a Fligth1 product, not a Dreamfleet product.3) the Meridian gauges, are developped by Reality XP, and they are not waiting for an SDK for the TCAS (the same goes for all the other Reality XP products). More information about the Meridian here:http://www.reality-xp.com/products/meridian/index.htmIn this respect, and although it may be confusing I understand, all Flight1 products are not built with the same limitations.Hope this helps!PS: by the way, for the latest information about the Meridian release, you should go to Flight1 forums, or read this message:http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_post...p?TID=5559&PN=1