Sign in to follow this  
frankinbahia

How to freeze or hold "look around" point

In my dual monitor setup, I often open a second window in cockpit view (with the [ key), unlock it and then move it to the other monitor. The objective is to use the second monitor as the left- (or right-) hand cockpit side window, to keep a constant eye on the runway on the downwind and base legs. But to do this, I have to first give focus to the "side window" monitor, then press and hold the Num4 (or 6) key. My question: is there a way to essentially freeze or hold the Num4 (or 6) key view, so that the side window view stays put until I release it?Thanks!

In my dual monitor setup, I often open a second window in cockpit view (with the [ key), unlock it and then move it to the other monitor. The objective is to use the second monitor as the left- (or right-) hand cockpit side window, to keep a constant eye on the runway on the downwind and base legs. But to do this, I have to first give focus to the "side window" monitor, then press and hold the Num4 (or 6) key. My question: is there a way to essentially freeze or hold the Num4 (or 6) key view, so that the side window view stays put until I release it?Thanks!
Frank- Change the FS9 Assignments for the commands- 'Look Left/Right' OR 'Look Fwd Left/Fwd Right" etc., using SHIFT-- instead of CONTROL--. This will set and lock the view you key on the Num KB. Make sure Num Lock is On.AR

BINGO!(I also discovered that you have to depress the Shift and the Num keys simultaneously for this to work.)Thanks for the quick and helpful reply. I'm honored to have had my post responded to by the legendary January! Frank

BINGO!(I also discovered that you have to depress the Shift and the Num keys simultaneously for this to work.)Thanks for the quick and helpful reply. I'm honored to have had my post responded to by the legendary January! Frank
I'm not sure about "legendary"- I suspect many might use the term "infamous" but thank you anyway.If you use the views- Forward Right (or Left) with the second monitor( or third via a second video card), it is fairly simple to adjust that view to take into account, the exact width of the bezels that separate the monitors.Your eyes/brain then see the two (three?) views as one, fully integrated, single, very wide image; somewhat along the lines of an IMAX theatre movie system. Wide peripheral vision is hard to beat- as you have discovered!AR

Here's another way to "lock in" a side view. Here's the way I do it. To normally view, say the right hand view when your in the cockpit view you simply press the #6 (on keypad) with the NUMBER LOCK on. When you let up on the #6 key the right hand view returns to the straight ahead cockpit view...... but if while you are holding DOWN the #6 key, and keep holding it DOWN you then reach over and key(turn off) the number lock key, the right hand view will be locked into place. I cannt remember exactly how to reverse or undo this but I think you just turn the Number lock key back on. jerrycwo4