Sign in to follow this  
Mike Moore

Help Needed Please

Hi guysSorry to have such a basic problem but after installation and following the tutorial, I am loading jpg tiles to Cache3 OK (on a separate HDD from FSX} and the number of files in "TileProxy Photoreal World" seems to be increasing, BUT I am not seeing anything but default scenery at Grand Canyon.I have the LOD8 scenery below 0000 Base in scenery.cfg and all the WORLDxxxx entries are at the top and are all enabled. Is this correct or have I missed something or done something stupid?(It may be a "Senior moment" - they get more frequent I'm afraid)Thanks for any help.Mike

I am not seeing anything but default scenery at Grand Canyon.I have the LOD8 scenery below 0000 Base in scenery.cfg and all the WORLDxxxx entries are at the top and are all enabled. Is this correct?
Mikewhat OS are you using?If Win7, you need to read some of these.http://forum.avsim.net/topic/287156-rendering-is-wrong-the-city-is-not-here/http://forum.avsim.net/topic/321458-win-7-64-bit-install/http://forum.avsim.net/topic/282334-error-0x80070002/These deal with the fact that the Tileproxy driver does not have 'permission' to run and generate scenery in W7 even though it may look like it is running ok and you just still see default textures.I only have TP on XP so far and have no personal experience (yet) with installing on Win7.---------------------I don't use the LOD8 region but it is just below (lower priority)the region world_0000 entry and ABOVE all the BASE entries (in the scenery dialog window) so all of the higher resolution scenery can cover it when necessary - this is lower in the scenery.cfg text only because it was added after the default stuff. Loyd

LoydThanks for the reply.I am using WindowsXP actually but will try adjusting the levels of the scenery though I am confused as to which is higher or lower in priority!Currently I have WORLD_LOD8 as Area.003 and the World_xxxx as Area.208 and upwards.However I will keep looking for solutions though I have some interesting NZ scenery diversions to keep me happy when I am failing with tileproxy.Kia oraMike

I am using WindowsXP actually but will try adjusting the levels of the scenery though I am confused as to which is higher or lower in priority!Currently I have WORLD_LOD8 as Area.003 and the World_xxxx as Area.208 and upwards.
I have World_lod8 JUST BELOW all the other worldxxx folders. Putting it below the default will allow default to over-ride it. It's not the area number but the priority that matters.. in your case I'd move it up (in the scenery display window) until it is just below the bottom worldxxxx entry. The scenery settings window just shows PRIORITY - not area number. Highest priority is at the top of the list - don't even look at the actual scenery.cfg; area numbers and priority of addons have no essential connection. Anything added to the scenery list is automatically set to the highest priority and World LOD8 would have been in the correct place initially - first added and lowest priority of all the TP entries.If you went to Grand Canyon and KGCN, you should have an image tile in yourcachefolder\088\tile_l15_x6177_y19896.jpg and many with very similar 'names'. If you don't, then you don't have the imagery yet...And just to make sure we don't overlook the obvious: TileProxy must be started before FSX for the photo scenery to show. Starting AFTER FSX, will still make the scenery but FSX will not be able to reference it.If you do this accidently and you start FSX first, you CAN just go to the scenery window and click OK and FSX will find the TileProxy scenery.Loyd

Thanks for this help LoydI have rearranged the priorities as you suggested and have checked the cache which does have the \088\tile_l15_x6177_y19896.jpg file and others present but still no scenery appearing.Do the cache images have to be converted into .bgl files somewhere? I wonder if this is being done successfully? Can I check?Cheers Mike

Do the cache images have to be converted into .bgl files somewhere? I wonder if this is being done successfully? Can I check?
TP makes BMP files that are referenced by the pre-existing bgls in the Tileproxy photoreal World subfolders.... 0202/scenery etc. the bitmaps are in the corresponding 0202/Texture.If you have new files in the texture folder, you are making what you need. If no scenery is visible then there is something else amiss...Loyd

The texture files were present as viewed with dxtbmp program but as there was still no photoscenery appearing, I defragged the FSX drive and then reinstalled tileproxy and placed the caches on the same drive (outside of FSX of course).Still to no avail! The scenery library looks good with proven links to the photoreal world folders so I am at a loss to know what is wrong!Any further suggestions, anyone?CheersMike

TP makes BMP files that are referenced by the pre-existing bgls in the Tileproxy photoreal World subfolders.... 0202/scenery etc. the bitmaps are in the corresponding 0202/Texture.If you have new files in the texture folder, you are making what you need. If no scenery is visible then there is something else amiss...Loyd

Hi LoydHaving read your thread with cmeeks (I too am jealous of his machine), I realise that I am getting zero accesses to the tiles in cache when flying, despite them being present.I cannot fathom where the problem lies but it is obviously FSX not picking up the .bgl/tiles from tileproxy somehow.I have checked the ProxyUser.ini and FSX.cfg without inspiration.CheersMike

I cannot fathom where the problem lies but it is obviously FSX not picking up the .bgl/tiles from tileproxy somehow.I have checked the ProxyUser.ini and FSX.cfg without inspiration.
maybe time to restart with basics. please post your DOS startup screen (before you actually start FSX)easier to read than screenshot (and won't disappear next month)---------to copy a DOS window to TEXT:click icon at left end of DOS title barmouse-over EDIT in dropdown listselect MARKclick-hold to select rectangular range to copy with mouserelease mouse and PRESS ENTER to copypaste wherever.----------Like so...proxyUser: World \Device\HarddiskVolume2 ===> D:proxyUser: FSX \Device\HarddiskVolume7 ===> G:proxyUser: FS9 \Device\HarddiskVolume7 ===> G:proxyUser: Connecting to the filterproxyUser: Tileproxy communication with filter driver established.TileAPI: Using network module 'libnettile'TileAPI: Network configuration 'conn=6|rate=1.0|verbose=0|....TileAPI: Service name is 'ms'TileAPI: Using cache folder 'I:\cacheNAfr'TileAPI: Map version is '426'proxyUser: Configuration summary master_enable=1 diskless_mode=0 logfile= enable_hooking=0 enable_dx9hook=0 offline_mode=0 menu_sources=Acme Globe Service source=ms max_contexts=512 preload=1023 network module=libnettile module configuration=conn=6|rate=1.0.... max_lod=11 (64x64 tiles) preload_min_lod=8 preload_max_lod=11 min_level=10 max_level=17 color_hack=0 color_level=13 bulk_extend=50 level_mapping=Not activated map_version=426 water_mask=Off water_smoothing=On water_threshold=0.330000 water_blending=On blend_distance=350.000000 blend_exponent=1.000000 alpha_min=0.267800 alpha_max=0.937300 water_rgb=#114868 enable_movingmap=0 (alpha=255, color=#ff000000 x,y,w,h=88.0% 15.0% 60.0% 80.0%, r=60)proxyUser: TileProxy is ready for takeoff.------------------------------------------Let's see if there is anything hereBTW... you are using FSX SP1 at least?Loyd

Thanks for your patience LoydI am using FSX Acceleration and have at least .net service 3.5, with FS9 on drive E: and FSX on drive F:.Tileproxy is installed in FSX and the caches are presently on F:.Here is the copy of tileproxy statup dos window:F:\FSX\Tileproxy>proxyuser.exeproxyUser: FS9 \Device\HarddiskVolume1 ===> E:proxyUser: World \Device\HarddiskVolume4 ===> F:proxyUser: Attempting to attach filter to volume '\Device\HarddiskVolume4' (drive F:)proxyUser: SUCCESS! Filter loaded as: Tileproxy InstanceproxyUser: FSX \Device\HarddiskVolume4 ===> F:proxyUser: Connecting to the filterproxyUser: Tileproxy communication with filter driver established.TileAPI: Using network module 'libnettile'TileAPI: Network configuration 'conn=20|rate=2.0|verbose=0|server=http://us.maps3.yimg.com|path=/aerial.maps.yimg.com/img?x=%x&y=%y&z=%z&v=%v&t=a|useragent=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)'TileAPI: Service name is 'Service Example 3'TileAPI: Using cache folder 'F:\TPCache\cache.service3'TileAPI: Map version is '1.9'proxyUser: Configuration summary master_enable=1 diskless_mode=0 logfile= enable_hooking=0 enable_dx9hook=0 offline_mode=1 menu_sources=Service Example 1|Service Example 3|Service Example 4 source=Service Example 3 max_contexts=512 preload=1023 network module=libnettile module configuration=conn=20|rate=2.0|verbose=0|server=http://us.maps3.yimg.com|path=/aerial.maps.yimg.com/img?x=%x&y=%y&z=%z&v=%v&t=a|useragent=Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; .NET CLR 1.1.4322) max_lod=15 (1024x1024 tiles) preload_min_lod=9 preload_max_lod=15 min_level=5 max_level=19 color_hack=0 color_level=0 bulk_extend=50 level_mapping=Not activated map_version=1.9 water_mask=On water_smoothing=Off water_threshold=0.330000 water_blending=On blend_distance=500.000000 blend_exponent=1.000000 alpha_min=0.267800 alpha_max=0.700000 water_rgb=#000d1a enable_movingmap=0 (alpha=255, color=#ff000000 x,y,w,h=88.0% 15.0% 60.0% 80.0%, r=60)proxyUser: TileProxy is ready for takeoff.Hope that is OK but if so, what next?CheersMike

maybe time to restart with basics. please post your DOS startup screen (before you actually start FSX)BTW... you are using FSX SP1 at least?Loyd

proxyUser: Configuration summary master_enable=1 diskless_mode=0 logfile= enable_hooking=0 enable_dx9hook=0 offline_mode=1 menu_sources=Service Example 1|Service Example 3|Service Example 4 source=Service Example 3 max_contexts=512 preload=1023 network module=libnettile module configuration=conn=20|rate=2.0|verbose=0|server=http://us
Is this correct? has this ("don't go online")been selected all the time?If so, then clear your caches and TP scenery folder(s) and try afresh.I have no idea what kind of Scenery you create when you can't access imagery :( I hope that's all it was...Loyd

Is this correct? has this ("don't go online")been selected all the time?If so, then clear your caches and TP scenery folder(s) and try afresh.I have no idea what kind of Scenery you create when you can't access imagery :( I hope that's all it was...Loyd
Sorry Loyd! No. That was my last futile attempt at trying something different.I established that I had an area of scenery in cache (around Grand Canyon - to be easily recognizable) by examining cache.service3 in the browser for tileproxy service caches. Sure enough it shows there with a smaller central area and a wider surround (presumably depending on the level of tiles).So I wondered if using the program in offline mode, just for a short spell, would give the program less to think about & perhaps show me the tiles!Unfortunately it didn't and I have not tried again since - but well spotted. I will alter that back to online pronto.Meanwhile ..... ?????CheersMike

Guest skeptikal

HiI am running Win 7 64 bit.I was experiencing similar problems to you, Tileproxy appeared to load up and run properly but the default FSX scenery loaded instead.After some messing about I concluded that UTX Europe was the offender on my system.As a workaround I disabled (unticked) all of the UTX entries in the FSX Scenery Settings, (except nightlighting, which produces a very good virtual night flying experience).Tileproxy loads and runs as advertised now.Hope this helps

HiI am running Win 7 64 bit.I was experiencing similar problems to you, Tileproxy appeared to load up and run properly but the default FSX scenery loaded instead.After some messing about I concluded that UTX Europe was the offender on my system.As a workaround I disabled (unticked) all of the UTX entries in the FSX Scenery Settings, (except nightlighting, which produces a very good virtual night flying experience).Tileproxy loads and runs as advertised now.Hope this helps
Remember that UTX (I have it also) is of the same TYPE scenery as default. All Photo scenery needs to be higher in priority than default/UTX or it wouldn't be seen. I "think" (but not sure) I just left UTX enabled and engaged photo scenery regions only when I wanted them.... TP is 'back there' on my XP system and I'm almost exclusively on Win7 now without TP installed.Loyd