Tabs

Nvidia configuration guide (Inspector + 2xx.xx drivers) version 2.0 + explanations of all settings

650 posts in this topic

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Nice post, but if I were you I'd leave the "How to set AA" element in the title, you know why :(

Excellent information as usual. Thanks for taking the time to explain the different settings, in particular Anti-aliasing Transparency. An example of your cfg would be very useful too.

Hi Ryan, This week I just installed Nvidia 570GTX with driver 260.3. The CPU is i7 920 2.67ghz. Is there any need for me to apply the new configuration guide. richard welsh.

Thank you Ryan for those very useful explanations.A have a question concerning the role played by the "Multi-display/mixed-GPU acceleration" parameter within the Common section, which is setto "Multi display performance mode" for FSX.What is the purpose of this parameter, and knowing that I have only one display screen for my FSX, would it be of any interest to switch this parameter to "Single display performance mode" or else for instance ?Thanks againJc Michel

Thank you Ryan for those very useful explanations.A have a question concerning the role played by the "Multi-display/mixed-GPU acceleration" parameter within the Common section, which is setto "Multi display performance mode" for FSX.What is the purpose of this parameter, and knowing that I have only one display screen for my FSX, would it be of any interest to switch this parameter to "Single display performance mode" or else for instance ?Thanks againJc Michel
JC,That setting only affects OpenGL applications - it has nothing at all to do with DirectX ones such as FS9/FSX. It could come into play if you use X Plane I suppose, but I don't believe that it even does anything unless you actually have multiple monitors attached and detected by the card/driver.If you're not familiar with OpenGL vs. DirectX, they're the two major competing 3D graphics APIs (application programming interfaces) supported by modern video cards. OpenGL isn't used by too many games on the PC side, though it's more prevalent on the Mac side and in the professional scientific or academic world. X Plane uses it as do a few older games like Doom 3.
An example of your cfg would be very useful too.
I run my cfg through *******'s web app, that's it - nothing unusual in it:http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html
Hi Ryan, This week I just installed Nvidia 570GTX with driver 260.3. The CPU is i7 920 2.67ghz. Is there any need for me to apply the new configuration guide. richard welsh.
There's a new driver out this past week by the way - 266.58. Always a good idea to check Nvidia's site for one newer than what came with the card if you've just purchased one.You'll get the most benefit out of overclocking your CPU, but yes you should set up Inspector like this if you haven't already. Try the 8xSQ setting, that's what I'm using on my own 570.

Ok, that is very clear. Then I'll leave this parameter as it is.Thanks very much.Jc Michel

thanks.i downloaded it, but titles and setting groups different then screenshot you've posted.

thanks.i downloaded it, but titles and setting groups different then screenshot you've posted.
(MAKE SURE YOU EXTRACT ALL THE FILES! The program needs more than just the exe, there's a file called CustomSettingNames_en-EN.xml that defines the names of all the different settings - if you're seeing cryptic feature names and hex values, you didn't put that file in the same folder as the exe.)

thats awesome - is there anything for us ATI users?
I don't have an ATI card (last one I had was three cards ago, a 4870. There's nothing like these combined AA modes in ATI's driver unfortunately, I do know that.

How does the 570 handle 8xSQ please? is there any performance hit at all in overcast skies?