Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Nvidia configuration guide (Inspector + 2xx.xx drivers) version 2.0 + explanations of all settings

Hi Ryan:Wanted to try dx10 with nvidia inspector but when I turn it on in main fsx menu planes antialiasing is nasty lol what am I doing wrong, also does the pmdg 747 have vc shadosw when dx10 is activated, I am running a q9650 - 8 gig ram - an evga gtx580, thnaks so much.Regards, Rich

Rich Sennett

Hi Ryan:Wanted to try dx10 with nvidia inspector but when I turn it on in main fsx menu planes antialiasing is nasty lol what am I doing wrong, also does the pmdg 747 have vc shadosw when dx10 is activated, I am running a q9650 - 8 gig ram - an evga gtx580, thnaks so much.Regards, Rich
This has been addressed multiple times in the thread (I'm gonna add it to the main post) - AA *does not work* in DX10. I do not recommend ever using DX10 mode in FSX - it's a beta implementation of it at best and a lot of things don't work or are bugged.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Thanks pal appreciate your time.Regards, Rich

Rich Sennett

Quick question, I am using the buffer pools equals zero tweak with my Nvidia 275GTX and when I pan around outside I get artifact for just a split second while panning. Is there something I can do to eliminate this, I hear you can place a reject threshold number, but I have no idea what number would work, and what reject threshold does exactly. My specs are in my sig, the card has 896mb of video memory I know its not a full gig, but I hope its close.

[bufferPools]RejectThreshold=131072That's what Bojote's tool suggests: http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.htmlIt has zero FPS hit compared to BP=0 in my system and artifacts are almost gone completely

Ok, so should I make it BufferPools=1 and add RejectThreshold=131072 underneath or leave it Bufferpools=0?

Ok, so should I make it BufferPools=1 and add RejectThreshold=131072 underneath or leave it Bufferpools=0?
No BP=x line, just [bufferPools]RejectThreshold=131072

I just uploaded my .cfg and it does call for different entries based on my PC hardware and configuration.[bUFFERPOOLS]PoolSize=8388608RejectThreshold=131072UsePools=1

\Robert Hamlich/

Hi guys,Benn having a few issues with my graphics of late. I have the nvidia gtx580 along with an i7 2600k processor etc. Works great apart from the jaggered lines on most aircraft.... Ive been researching and its something to do with AA? Below is an example of what I mean. Have already used the ******* cfg file tweaker.....http://img291.imageshack.us/i/201132318116893.jpg/

in order for the settings to happen or to take place, does the inspector have to be running in the background? or can I close it after apply changes and then I'm good to go? correct?

Ciao!

in order for the settings to happen or to take place, does the inspector have to be running in the background? or can I close it after apply changes and then I'm good to go? correct?
Yes, Once you apply the changes, you're good to go. There is no need to keep the program running.

I strongly believe this thread needs revising to include this AA_MODE_METHOD_SUPERVCAA_64X_4v12 mode.Also three people already have confirmed that setting AF to app controlled did reduce the load on their GPU's and helped increase their AA level to 4v12 or 8xSQ on medium range cards (GTX460 & GTX280) with no more blursOne last thing. I couldn't get some AA modes to work at all and some just worked in full screen mode. I've read some posts of others with similar issues. For what it's worth, this is what fixed it for me:1.- Delete the FSX profile. Press yes when prompted:347jngm.png2.-Create a new profile. Name it "MS Flight Simulator X" (default) or whatever you like:1580fb6.png3.-Add fsx.exe to the profile:30xim9s.png4.- Re-configure your newly created FSX profile following the OP or with your favourite settings

I want to make sure I'm doing this correctly.I set it up like you show above, and then applied changes.so.. do I have to load in the profile first before I run FSX or will all the settings take effect when I run FSX automatically now? (Since I tied in the FSE.EXE as in the above?)thanksbs

Ciao!

Dario,I saw the thread in the General FSX forum about the 64X_4v12 mode... it looks nice but when I tried it my 570's video memory was nearly fully saturated, it was a huge increase vs. the two 8xS modes.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Brian,Once you have applied the settings you do not have to do anything. Inspctor will apply the settings automatically

\Robert Hamlich/