Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Nvidia configuration guide (Inspector + 2xx.xx drivers) version 2.0 + explanations of all settings

Dario,I saw the thread in the General FSX forum about the 64X_4v12 mode... it looks nice but when I tried it my 570's video memory was nearly fully saturated, it was a huge increase vs. the two 8xS modes.
I see. Another option is 4x Sparse Grid Supersampling with 8xSQ and AF to app controlled. I think it looks great too (especially with lots of AG) and the VRAM usage is much lower

Hi,Great thread... I'm running the GTX 590 on a 24" 1920x1200 monitor, and I've applied all these settings in the inspector even deleted the profile, and re-linked fsx.exe but none of my settings are appearing in FSX itself.. I'm using the latest drivers (267.91).. any ideas?

Hi,Great thread... I'm running the GTX 590 on a 24" 1920x1200 monitor, and I've applied all these settings in the inspector even deleted the profile, and re-linked fsx.exe but none of my settings are appearing in FSX itself.. I'm using the latest drivers (267.91).. any ideas?
I have no idea with the 590 - that's a specialized card (dual SLI 580s on a single card basically) and the drivers are likely quite immature for it right now. Unless you're playing other games there's really no benefit to that card for FSX, I'd send it back if it's solely for FS and get a single 580 instead. FSX cannot take advantage of the dual GPUs.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I have no idea with the 590 - that's a specialized card (dual SLI 580s on a single card basically) and the drivers are likely quite immature for it right now. Unless you're playing other games there's really no benefit to that card for FSX, I'd send it back if it's solely for FS and get a single 580 instead. FSX cannot take advantage of the dual GPUs.
Very true, it will actually be a worse performer than a GTX580 since stock clocks are much lower and overclocking those 590 is a no no

Well for someone like me, that plays a lot of other games, edits and needs the cuda cores.. i've overclocked the GF110 to at least match the performance of the 580, I'm quite happy with it.. apart from the fact that it isn't running this filtering at all :(

Well for someone like me, that plays a lot of other games, edits and needs the cuda cores.. i've overclocked the GF110 to at least match the performance of the 580, I'm quite happy with it.. apart from the fact that it isn't running this filtering at all :(
I read somewhere that there's a few burnt 590s because of overclocking. Not sure if it's something serious or not, but just in case

Its dodgy drivers without over voltage protection that was causing the 590s to expire, just make sure you have the latest drivers for the 590.

Cheers, Andy.

Its dodgy drivers without over voltage protection that was causing the 590s to expire, just make sure you have the latest drivers for the 590.
don't those drivers dramatically limit the card's overclockability? I'm not sure I got it right, but that's what I read

Dunno I've not got a 590, I'm just repeating what I read, the drivers that came on the CD with the 590 didn't have any over volt protection and a reviewer killed a couple of 590's trying to overclock them with silly voltages.

Cheers, Andy.

I mostly do FSX but I do play mainstream FPS RPG and RTS games. I have always stuck with AMD and had good luck with the CPUs. I find their new Bulldozer architecture really interesting it seems like it will be able to run FSX really well cause its no so based on HT etc its about executing a couple of threads efficiently so I have high hopes for this CPU on FSX.Glad I came across this thread cause I have always ran the game in DX 10 preview mode which I see now was a big mistake. I run REX all the way up just wondering what else I will need to run 737NGX on my system? My current system isAMD Phenom II X4 965 and 3.82x GTX 295s8gb DDR 3 13332x 300gb Velciraptors in Raid 0

It depends how much you want FSX performance. With those 2 295's you probably easily handle most games (what res?) but they are dual gpu much like the 590, and you have 2 of them in SLI, which in effect is not used within FSX.If I were you, me personally I'd grab a 570 or 580 (depends on your budget) Go with the 580 if you'd like to handle all games with ease, but if it's just for FSX you might as well get the 570, even 560 ti. I would also focus on achieving the highest possible clock speed, on whatever CPU you have because that's what FSX has a focus on.

Hello all,Please help!!!I just spent 1500 on a brand new computer and my old 5 year old looked way better than this one!I have followed all recommendations on CFG and Nvidia settings in here. I cannot get smooth graphicsMy video card is EVGA GTX470 with drivers 266.58 on a clean Vista 64 install with FSX. I have 16GB ram and a i7 2600K CPU. All stock, nothing OCd.Please look at the attached images for reference. I get even worse graphs with other models. I have tested both configurations at the start of this thread. I have also tested deleting the profile and creating a new one.http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u132/sersanchez/2.jpghttp://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u132/sersanchez/1.jpgOne more thing I noticed when playing with the nvidia inspector is that my GPU load remains at 0 and only reaches like 30% while using FSX

I went and uninstalled the nvidia drivers. Did a Driver sweep, and upon restart Vista re-installed the drivers...How do I stop that? I believe this may be my whole issue...

It find it a bit strange that the setting SUPERVCAA 64X 4V 12, is not mentioned in this thread. It was always my understanding that this was a better setting then combined AA, it cuts back on the shimmering a lot.If people don't know of this setting then they should try it for themselves. I have not used combined since inspector was released.Iain

-Iain Watson-

Ryan I have tried exactly what you explained in your instructions on the first page. But I had blurry textures and so I tried resetting the programm to nVidia defauls (with the function of the programm). But now I get about half a frame every second even with the default aircrafts when i'm flying at a bigger airport!!!!!!! What went wrong and how can I solve this problem?Just to add it: When taking the MD11 and just placing it at a tiny airfield it runns as smoth as befor. So what's wrong?

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!