Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Nvidia configuration guide (Inspector + 2xx.xx drivers) version 2.0 + explanations of all settings

That's funny; I use Ryan's settings, which are good btw, got me out of dx 10 mode as I did not know any better, I found my sweet spot in terms of IQ and perf being with the inspector guide to be the 270.xx drivers, the newer 275.xx, yield better perf, but IQ not as good. God only knows most likely placebo effect or my eyes playing tricks on me:)Edit, UK flight, make sure you re-type in the inspector values for FSX as other users have reported the values being removed once you update drivers. I don't know, but may explain your IQ issues?See this:http://forum.avsim.n...-nvidia-driver/

Simon

I did do that Simon - the results are not bad just not quite as crisp and clean. I did use the new version of NV inspector - maybe that was the reason. May try again in a while. Thx for the response - glad it is good for you.

No worries, seems like each driver set effects ppl's IQ slightly different; I guess we all run different set-ups etc...

Simon

Just wanna take a moment to thank Ryan for this guide. It helped me a a lot!So, thanks Ryansmile.gif

Henk de Vries

HelloI traced all my dll crashes to 2x SupersamplingWhen off completely I have no crashes. Is there another setting I can use instead that would sharpen my textures?

That is presumably with the 8xSQ version - did you try the 8xS version with 4x supersampling?

Yes and that is when I always had .dll error crashes with fsx acceleration

Ryan - are you still using the 266.58 drivers? I have tried the 270.61 and using the settings at the head of this thread find my display is not as crisp so have reverted back. Of course if the 266.58 are good for the NGX then that is just dandy.
275.33 currently. I pretty much always use the latest ones because I play a lot of other games besides FS. They aren't changing anything specific to FSX - it's 6 years old and I doubt their driver engineers have touched anything related to it in a very long time. Always kinda makes me laugh when I see people saying that X new driver or old driver gave them some huge difference in FSX. That's never been true in my experience.
HelloI traced all my dll crashes to 2x SupersamplingWhen off completely I have no crashes. Is there another setting I can use instead that would sharpen my textures?
Yes and that is when I always had .dll error crashes with fsx acceleration
I don't get these kinds of crashes at all, sorry. What card do you have? (sign your name to your posts please as well)

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hi,Today I have bought a new Navida GTX 560Ti for my PC (Intel Core i5 760 and 8GB RAM). I have downloaded the latest drivers (I hope so) and testet it a few minutes in the default JFK with the default ultralight. And what I had got where below 10 fps. :( With the old ATI Readon 4650 it wasn't worse. This configuration guide will work for this card (560Ti) also, or?Some other tips for me?Best regardsJonathan Huschle

Guest acezboy561

I have a strange issue with this, I extract the files and put them in a new folder (nothing else is in there but those 3 files) and the entire screen is gray (pic below). Nothing is clickable but the Donate via Paypal button.What am I doing wrong?241Untitled.jpg

Guest acezboy561

Cancel that ^. Installed drivers (hadn't done so since restored Windows 7).

Guru3D is not providing the driver sweeper download any more. Is this because of some problem found with this software. If not can somone post an alternative link to this tool or if there is a problem, a link to an alternative tool.Thanks,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hi Ryan, With my GEForce 7900 GTX with driver 275.33 WHQL [r275_21-12] and Win7 Home Premium SP1, I used to get around 15 fps.However, I have recently had to re-load FSX with SP2 and SDK SP1A and get only around 4 fps! I have run Nvidia Inspector 1.95 using both the 8xS and 8xSQ modes but without a FPS improvement. Also, as soon as the SimConnect Diagnostic Output window opens, I receive the error box 'couatl.exe - System Error' with the text 'The program can't start because openal32.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.', although I am unsure whether this is a connected problem. I am unsure which program is issuing this message. Do you have an suggestions how to improve the FPS?Cheers,

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Hi Ryan, With my GEForce 7900 GTX with driver 275.33 WHQL [r275_21-12] and Win7 Home Premium SP1, I used to get around 15 fps.However, I have recently had to re-load FSX with SP2 and SDK SP1A and get only around 4 fps! I have run Nvidia Inspector 1.95 using both the 8xS and 8xSQ modes but without a FPS improvement. Also, as soon as the SimConnect Diagnostic Output window opens, I receive the error box 'couatl.exe - System Error' with the text 'The program can't start because openal32.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.', although I am unsure whether this is a connected problem. I am unsure which program is issuing this message. Do you have an suggestions how to improve the FPS?Cheers,
Are you using any FSDT addons? Sometimes virus software will screw with couatl. Disabling it & reinstalling an addon that uses it (like an FSDT airport) may fix you up.

LAST UPDATE: 1/21/2011 DX10 WARNING - AA does NOT work in FSX's DX10 preview mode, it never has. You should not run in DX10 mode basically ever - it is slower and buggy.
Ryan, Following your sugestion, maybe I missed the answer for this question: Will I run PMDG 737 NGX in FSX without DX10 enabled ? Thnks sssilvabr