Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Nvidia configuration guide (Inspector + 2xx.xx drivers) version 2.0 + explanations of all settings

This is a very good little tutorial. I have read some and they just don't say what each setting actually does unlike this one, great job mate!Hug.gif

First of all, thanks Ryan for this guide and thanks everyone who participated with tips on how to best tune all settings! After reading through all the posts I have one question that I belive hasn't been asked before, when using the recommended (and superb) "tool" for fsx.cfg over at http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html I'm adviced after running it... "MAKE SURE to disable Transparency Anti-aliasing for improved smoothness with your NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 card" ...while here the recommendation for Antialiasing - Transparency Supersampling is 4x Supersampling. Is this dependant on what gfx card you have (I have a GTX 480) maybe since the advice from the venetubo site clearly states GTX 480? I also wonder about the Anisotropic filtering mode, according to the initial post and recommendations this should be set to User-defined / Off and the Anisotropic filtering setting should be set to 16x but somewhere in the thread it was mentioned that it might in fact be better to set this to Application-controlled and then set the filtering (Trilinear or Anisotropic?) from within FSX? Then one last question, I'm always running FSX in windowed mode, regarding the Vertical Sync I understood that to avoid having the FPS drop a great deal from time to time it's a good thing to set this setting to OFF. Is it OK to do this from Nvidia Inspector or is it better to set it in fsx.cfg or maybe it doesn't matter where you set it? Thanks in advance guys!

Richard Åsberg

Try this guys - Have you guts checked out my inspector settings, also you need to make fsx menu setting antistropic for this to work try it. im%20Not%20Worthy.gif

Rich Sennett

Ah just noticed your posting Dazz, thats where I must have seen this but from another site thanks for that, I luv this setting. im%20Not%20Worthy.gif

Rich Sennett

Can't get the download link on the orblog site to work! Anyone else have this problem.Thanks

Bill Miller

Hi,I dont know if this is the correct forum to post this, but when I try Mr. Altuve´s FSX configurator I get this message: Your request could NOT be processed. Reason: The [DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460.0] section should be unique, there are two or more sections with this name.Is this something that I can easily correct in the cfg file?My FSX/NGX run just fine, I want to try and make it better :-)Thanks,Carlos

great post. fiddling with the NGX I thought I give this one a try- graphics look so much better and crisper. now I just hope I get no OOM anymore, will try a short flight from YBBN to YCFS

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Carlos delete the line [DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460.0] there should only be one line, make sure you leave one entry and just delete any others with this description.

Rich Sennett

Carlos delete the line [DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460.0] there should only be one line, make sure you leave one entry and just delete any others with this description. Thanks Rich!I´m flying right now, as soon as I´m done I´ll give it a shot!

hi guys, im so glad to find this forum to say my problem with 747 PMDGi have very important problem with installation of 747 PMDG because this type is very necessary to me and i really need your helps, thanks.i want to install the boeing747 PMDG. at first of the installation i got a NOTAM that says:NOTAM: your FSX version is more recent than FSX SP1.This product was tested primarily using FSX-SP1, Acceleration and SP2i have been installed this product before i change my windows and i didnt have any problem like this.here i pass the notam and click to the ok and i install comeletely 747 PMDG. but when i load this aircraft i see the aircraft body another form. like that dont have texture and i dont see any out body and out body cover.just see the seats and windows and thing inside of the aircraft. i have been installed acceleration pack at past and when i wanted to try to install the SP2 last night the erore report says: i cannot install the SP2, because i have the acceleration pack on my system and what thing is in SP2 is in the acceleration pack too. and for example these are same things.and finally i cannot install the SP2. i am really sorry beacuse of my english mistakes.and im really waiting to yours helps. because its necessary for me.thanks

Hi Carlos you have to run the pmdg configuration manager first I think are you running the 747 queen and the 8i, I had this problem also, in windows - go to start - programs - pmdg look for configuration manager there, hope this helps.

Rich Sennett

Carlos delete the line [DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460.0] there should only be one line, make sure you leave one entry and just delete any others with this description. Indeed there were 3 separate lines, I deleted 2 redundant ones and managed to get a tweak suggestion.Turns out I did most of the important ones already, so all is just dandy :-)

I changed graphic card few days ago and since then, I cannot set nvidia inspector FSX profile to work (and yes, my new graphic card is nvidia :) ) Anyone experienced similar behavior? I forgot to mention that I installed latest nvidia drivers

You have to resetup your fsx settings in inspector when you add a new driver

Rich Sennett

You have to resetup your fsx settings in inspector when you add a new driver
Tnx,I deleted FSX profile and made new one. Regrards