Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Nvidia configuration guide (Inspector + 2xx.xx drivers) version 2.0 + explanations of all settings

Good job thats what I have found must be done.

Rich Sennett

Hi guys, I've got a question. I used the setting that Ryan posted here and it worked.But a few days ago I installed a new Nvidia-driver and now I can't get the AA to work properly.I tried to set all settings of the driver to the original values and tried activate the FSX AA but nothing works. Can someone please help me to get AA to work again, because without it is pretty ugly. The actual Nvidia driver is 280.26 and NVIDIA INSPECTOR is Version 1.9.5.5. Thanks in advance. edit: I just read the posts above and I will try that first.Sometimes to read first is very helpful. edit2: It doesn't work. Even though I installed the driver again. I've got no AA doesn't matter what I try.

delete the old profile make a new named profile reset the settings should be good to go happens to me also.

Rich Sennett

Dear Forum, First of all I wanted to thank Ryan for his amazing work in explaining the NVIDIA setting secrets to us. Absolutely outstanding job. One small question is still left open to me: My rather outdated specifications: DELL Inspiron 530 DesktopE7400 CoreDuo 2x2,8GHz3,0 GB RAMNVIDIA 8600 GTSATA 320GB1920x1080 resolution37" TV screenFs9 target frame rate unlimitedNVIDIA 270.somethingInspector 1.95 First, I only use FS9 not FSX which is surely better taking my system into account. ;) To the problem, the basic question respectively: When I try to use supersampling or higher mixedsample AA modes the framerates are getting unflyable which is not very surprising. At this time I use a mixedsample 6 times mode where I get acceptable fps (>40fps)nearly anywhere with mostly all sliders to the right and lots of AI Traffic (100%). When I use more ambituous eyecandy AA modes the fps counter drops to solid rock 12-15 fps. So the basic question is:As the impact on framerates by AA is obviously very strong would it be smart to invest in a better -more up to date- graphics card like the now priceworthy because older GT240(higher Performance models don't work for me because of the missing currency plugs and the limited space in the computer)?Or questioned else:Is the AA impact a problem that can be "mildened" by the GC alone or does the processor play its role here too? I know that the CPU usually has the biggest influence on frames. But also in this respect regarding AA only? Is the CPU delivering the "basics" and the GPU of the GC performs all the AA "stuff" so that a better -faster- GC model might show less impact on frames with eyecandy AA? Sorry for the mayby silly question and the bad english but couldn't find a satisfying answer in the web yet. Best Regards from Berlin Ernst

Hi and thank you Ryan. Images are really fantastic in 8xS or 8xSQ in my GTX570, but the panel texts or FS messages are blurred or unfocused. Why? Thank you again. 157360.png

Have you got a check mark in High-resolution 3-D virtual cockpit checked in FSX settings?

Carlos delete the line [DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460.0] there should only be one line, make sure you leave one entry and just delete any others with this description. Indeed there were 3 separate lines, I deleted 2 redundant ones and managed to get a tweak suggestion.Turns out I did most of the important ones already, so all is just dandy :-)
Hi Carlos,If more than one:I[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460.0shows up in your fsx.cfg, it means your cfg is corrupted. If you have anymore problems, delete the config ( or rename to remember any tweaks you may have) and let fsx rebuild another one. Cheers

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Hi, I applied the 8XSQ settings to my GTX560Ti. Fired up FSX and turned off AA and set the option to Trilinear. Once the flight loaded, the game looked fine but the ALT menu and guages in the 2D panel were really blurry. Any ideas? I tried applying the defualt settings back but the bar was still blurry. I just spent the past month tuning FSX and my add-ons on my new computer so re-installing would really blow Worried.gif

lol I just had do a complete uninstall, 8 hours of reloading cant wait dam, try antistropic no aa ticked in fsx menu.

Rich Sennett

I changed the TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD to =4096 in the fsx.cfg and it seemed to improve the menu and guages just enough for me to tolerate it. Still a bit blurry but reinstalling would just be to painfull.

... "MAKE SURE to disable Transparency Anti-aliasing for improved smoothness with your NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 card"...while here the recommendation for Antialiasing - Transparency Supersampling is 4x Supersampling.
I read the same I think on Boyjote's site (can't remember). I recently dropped my Matrox Triplehead2go 3 monitor setup to a single monitor just do I could do some video capture. I have never been able to use the settings in this thread with my 5040x1050 res so a couple weeks ago was finally able to. The settings work great, however they appear a bit too much as mentioned with my "GTX480". I dropped the Transparency AA as suggested and it looks much better. For the record though, I had use it with great success with other cards a while back but with the 480 it does seem to be much better. No idea why and can't find where I read it at the moment.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

I have here a GTX560Ti using the following filters, 8xSQ AA + 2x + Supersampling AF16x, and with this the ENB Series.And some time I've been noticing that the screenshots are not perfeiramente clear, today I made a test with a friend, took a screen 2D panel and really notice the so-called "blurrier".He (this friend of mine), said to be a problem with NVidia AA filters and the only way to normalize is to use only AA FSX.The guys that use NVidia ENB Inspector and coping the same problem?