Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Nvidia configuration guide (Inspector + 2xx.xx drivers) version 2.0 + explanations of all settings

Hello everyone, A new member with a very first post!I’m a FS newbie and not an expert with computers. So in the following story you might find it a bit funny or off the topic, tho it still relates to this thread. smile.png I used to be able to run FSX just fine on high settings until I purchased and installed the new PMDG 737 NGX. I followed 737 NGX install instructions and their video settings. I could still run on high setting but I had so much lag, and the FPS was getting bad (But 737 NGX looked amazing)! So playing on medium settings worked fine (Performance Wise) but then I didn't like the way that 737 NGX looked in Virtual Cockpit! All the buttons/switches were blurry and it just didn’t look pretty like before. I then tried nVidia's Inspector (Ver1.9.5.5.) and followed each step from the first page of this thread and something scary happen... After applying those settings I’ve done in the inspector I ran FSX (in DX9 & Medium-High settings) and it loaded fine but 5 seconds after my PC resets, and I'm thinking "Ah no, it's probably the changes I made to my video card with Inspector and now I'll have to get the new drivers..." but as I'm thinking this, I see (and could smell as well) a big cloud of smoke coming out my PC! Cry.gifIt was so much smoke that almost set the fire alarm off and I had to walk out for some fresh air.I thought that everything melted inside but when I opened my PC case, I could not see any damage. I removed my video card and power supply and still couldn’t find anything that looked burnt. I'm still not sure if it's the power supply or the video card because the video card has a plastic cover over it and the power supply is in a big metal box.I have no idea what has caused this to happen, and what wrong have I done. I guess my PC was getting old and couldn’t work hard enough to run FSX with NGX installed, or didn’t like the inspector or my GTX 260 was just too weak for this experiment. unsure.png Do you think this program could really cause this to happen or it could be something else? How do I know what burnt inside my computer?I wouldn’t plug it back into the power, I’m a bit scared to try. My PC was a bit old so I didn’t panic much except I am only worried about data on my HDD. Here is what my burnt PC spec was: Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-DS3LCPU: Intel Q6600 2.40 GHzRAM: 4GB (2 x 2GB) G.Skill 1066GPU: MSI N260GTX SeriesPSU: CORSAIR TX850WMONITOR: LG FLATRON W2353V-PF. Resolution 1920 × 1200Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Gold Edition + ACCELERATION Expansion Pack. At least I have a laptop and that will do me until I get a new PC. The only bad thing about the laptop is that it wouldn’t even run standard FSX. Thanks & Regards, Dusan.

Well I found this thread to be really rewarding for me. With my new 560TI, I keep on getting bad shimmering in FSX and my other games no matter what settings I tried in Inspector. But after trying SUPERVCAA 64X 4V 12 for the AA setting, the shimmers have really been cut down big time. Many thanks to both Iain and Rich Sennett for mentioning this AA setting as I wouldn't have know about it. My apologies to anyone else who mentioned it in this thread, but I missed their name.

Hello everyone, A new member with a very first post!I’m a FS newbie and not an expert with computers. So in the following story you might find it a bit funny or off the topic, tho it still relates to this thread. smile.png I used to be able to run FSX just fine on high settings until I purchased and installed the new PMDG 737 NGX. I followed 737 NGX install instructions and their video settings. I could still run on high setting but I had so much lag, and the FPS was getting bad (But 737 NGX looked amazing)! So playing on medium settings worked fine (Performance Wise) but then I didn't like the way that 737 NGX looked in Virtual Cockpit! All the buttons/switches were blurry and it just didn’t look pretty like before. I then tried nVidia's Inspector (Ver1.9.5.5.) and followed each step from the first page of this thread and something scary happen... After applying those settings I’ve done in the inspector I ran FSX (in DX9 & Medium-High settings) and it loaded fine but 5 seconds after my PC resets, and I'm thinking "Ah no, it's probably the changes I made to my video card with Inspector and now I'll have to get the new drivers..." but as I'm thinking this, I see (and could smell as well) a big cloud of smoke coming out my PC! Cry.gifIt was so much smoke that almost set the fire alarm off and I had to walk out for some fresh air.I thought that everything melted inside but when I opened my PC case, I could not see any damage. I removed my video card and power supply and still couldn’t find anything that looked burnt. I'm still not sure if it's the power supply or the video card because the video card has a plastic cover over it and the power supply is in a big metal box.I have no idea what has caused this to happen, and what wrong have I done. I guess my PC was getting old and couldn’t work hard enough to run FSX with NGX installed, or didn’t like the inspector or my GTX 260 was just too weak for this experiment. unsure.png Do you think this program could really cause this to happen or it could be something else? How do I know what burnt inside my computer?I wouldn’t plug it back into the power, I’m a bit scared to try. My PC was a bit old so I didn’t panic much except I am only worried about data on my HDD. Here is what my burnt PC spec was: Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-DS3LCPU: Intel Q6600 2.40 GHzRAM: 4GB (2 x 2GB) G.Skill 1066GPU: MSI N260GTX SeriesPSU: CORSAIR TX850WMONITOR: LG FLATRON W2353V-PF. Resolution 1920 × 1200Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Gold Edition + ACCELERATION Expansion Pack. At least I have a laptop and that will do me until I get a new PC. The only bad thing about the laptop is that it wouldn’t even run standard FSX. Thanks & Regards, Dusan.
Hi,I don't know what happened to your PC - anyway, I don't think that has anything to do with nvidia settings unless you did overclock your graphic card. Send me a PM when you buy a new PC, so I can help you about FSX installation and optimal settings. I saw that you said that you was able to run FSX just fine on high settings until you purchased and installed the new PMDG NGX, I think it's impossible with CPU on 2.40GHz. Try to buy at least i5 processor, CPU speed is the most important for FSX, then good new graphic card, and install Windows 7 on new system. Then as I already said, send me PM before you install FSX, I will try to prepare a fsx instalation guide for you until then. best regards Zeljko

Hi,I don't know what happened to your PC - anyway, I don't think that has anything to do with nvidia settings unless you did overclock your graphic card. Send me a PM when you buy a new PC, so I can help you about FSX installation and optimal settings. I saw that you said that you was able to run FSX just fine on high settings until you purchased and installed the new PMDG NGX, I think it's impossible with CPU on 2.40GHz. Try to buy at least i5 processor, CPU speed is the most important for FSX, then good new graphic card, and install Windows 7 on new system. Then as I already said, send me PM before you install FSX, I will try to prepare a fsx instalation guide for you until then. best regards Zeljko
Hey Zeljko, I know what you're saying, I find it hard to believe that these settings could have done this to my video card.Everyone here is happy with the results and very thankful, and I believe those settings do (and can) work. I will PM you, I'm soon getting a new system. Thanks a lot for this!Cheers, Dusan

I have a 580GTX and just started using the 8xSQ version and its great, I have smooth edges on my aircraft which I wanted however when I pan around my aircraft and cockpit I will get these split second black flickers which obviously means its loading my texture but its rather annoying and there is a pic below of me taking off from Ibiza and basically it was flickering like crazy, black flickers all over the airport and I don't know why. I can't tell if its my hdtv thats making it do this because I've had shimmering problems with fsx already before with the refresh rate. ba-4.png

After making changes in the NVIDIA Inspector there is no Apply changes in the upper right corner per attached image. Any ideas? Thank youMichael Cubine I don't know where the image went to but you get the idea.

Edited by pcubine

Any chance anyone have issues getting nVidia Inspector to work with AA after installing the new 285.38 beta driver (required for BF3)?

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Just delete the FSX profile in nVidia Inspector and configure it again, then it works ;)

Just delete the FSX profile in nVidia Inspector and configure it again, then it works ;)
Roman Are you replying to CaptKornDog or me? Michael Cubine

Sorry Michael, forget to Quote. I replied CaptKornDog.

Hi When I want to run the profile to fsx the profile seams not to enable? I have deselect antialising into FSX but the antialising does not engage in the profile. I need some help? Mvh Fredrik

Computer: Windows 10, 64-bit, Intel i9 - 10850K, Asus Rog MAXIMUS XII HERO (WI-FI), 32GB RAM, Asus RTX3070

Game control: Home Cockpit, Keyboard, Saitek Pro Flight X56 Rhino H.O.T.A.S. 

Just to verify.In the setup instructions in the original post (page 1). It says:"Inside FSX, uncheck AA and set filtering to Trilinear." Does this apply to FS9 setup also?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Well I found this thread to be really rewarding for me. With my new 560TI, I keep on getting bad shimmering in FSX and my other games no matter what settings I tried in Inspector. But after trying SUPERVCAA 64X 4V 12 for the AA setting, the shimmers have really been cut down big time.Many thanks to both Iain and Rich Sennett for mentioning this AA setting as I wouldn't have know about it. My apologies to anyone else who mentioned it in this thread, but I missed their name.
I have followed this configuration guide too but unfortunately get lot of shimmers using both 8xS + 4x Supersampling or 8xSQ + 2x supersampling. Then I tried SUPERVCAA 64X 4v12 and must say it reduces about 95% of shimmers or, anyway, most important & annoying ones. Unfortunately (again), it has a huge impact on fps, about 10-15 fps (in VC). I did an approach using VC and until about 100 ft above ground my fps stayed very high (about 22-24, blocked with Antilag at 25), but beyond that point it reduced much until 13-15.Different story about using 2D, where the impact is quite low.@WallysWorld: did you see a so huge impact? I have a GTX560Ti too.@everyone: there is some transparency filter less than SUPERVCAA 64X in terms of fps impact but with a good resolution of shimmers?

After making changes in the NVIDIA Inspector there is no Apply changes in the upper right corner per attached image. Any ideas?Thank youMichael CubineI don't know where the image went to but you get the idea.
Apply changes appeared when I maximized the page.Michael Cubine