Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Nvidia configuration guide (Inspector + 2xx.xx drivers) version 2.0 + explanations of all settings

I have a GT 275, can't seem to get this to work...

Hello, I have followed this intersting guide. Just two notes about that. I have always choosen both vSync and Triple Buffering ON, while in this guide are set OFF. Does It allow to an acceptable fps increasing (with OFF)? Which are minus points about chossing OFF in terms of:a. graphics quality;b. stuttering problems.Thanks, bye.

UNDER COMMONDo we put Single Display perf mode, if we are using one screen?[multi is on by default]

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

I just updated the post with some new stuff!

UNDER COMMONDo we put Single Display perf mode, if we are using one screen?[multi is on by default]
Alex, that setting only applies to OpenGL rendering - FSX uses Direct 3D, the setting is irrelevant.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hello, I have followed this intersting guide. Just two notes about that. I have always choosen both vSync and Triple Buffering ON, while in this guide are set OFF. Does It allow to an acceptable fps increasing (with OFF)? Which are minus points about chossing OFF in terms of:a. graphics quality;b. stuttering problems.Thanks, bye.
Couple things here:1. The triple buffering setting in Inspector is for OpenGL applications only, not Direct3D ones - it's not doing anything at all to have that on in FSX.2. FSX actually does have a form of triple buffering active in full screen mode. It does not however in windowed mode (because there are other things onscreen like the Windows UI) and it can cause very low FPS if your system isn't capable of maintaining the framerates that are physically allowed by your monitor while Vsync is active. The framerate with Vsync on in windowed mode MUST be the monitor's refresh rate divided by a positive whole number integer. Most monitors have a 60Hz refresh rate, so that means the possibilities are 60/1 = 60FPS, 60/2 = 30FPS, 60/3 = 20FPS, 60/4 = 15, etc. If you drop even a hair below 60FPS, the framerate instantly becomes 30 because it's not possible to display partial frames with Vsync on. (partial frames are what "tearing" artifacts are with Vsync off)3. The correct way to enable Vsync natively in FSX is through fsx.cfg commands, not through the driver: (credit to ******* Altuve for discovering the commands)In the [Graphics] section add:ForceFullScreenVsync=1ForceWindowedVsync=1

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I just updated the post with some new stuff!Alex, that setting only applies to OpenGL rendering - FSX uses Direct 3D, the setting is irrelevant.
Thanks man,I am running the limiter at 35fps, just gives me that extra smoothness, works a treat for me, I know its advised on fractions of your monitor, but works nicely I think :)

Alex Ridge

Ryan; One errata--the frame rate limiter works with the 280.26 drivers and beyond. The 1.9.5.9 update to nVidiainspector acknowledges/incorporates the frame rate limiter for all versions 280.26 and beyond.

Edited by w6kd

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

good morning,a quick question about the nvidia inspector fps limiter and the profiles.when i choose de msfsx profile and i made my changes in it,then i apply the changes.But when i start again another day the invidia inspector, its always open on the global settings and not on the msfsx.. what i am doing wrong?thanks for helphave nice flightsPierre

HI,If you click on global setting you will see all the games list, just scroll down to MS flight sim X that's all.Alainv

thanks for the reply i do that all the time but what i want is thats open on the msfsx profile all the time. is it possible?second question : do you assiociate the fsx.exe with the msfsx nvidia profile?thanks againPierre

Just want to say Thanks Ryan for this tutorial as I have just upgraded from an ATi card to a GeForce card and having followed your Inspector install instructions, am really pleased with the framerates with the 'Queen' and Aerosoft's taxing EGLL.The whole thing is now a much smoother operation. Yet to try it with the NGX but I'm expecting much the same.

Does the Frame rate limiter in Inspector negate the need to set the Frame rate limiter in FSX? If no should the two be set to match eachother?

Edited by ERJ123

Does the Frame rate limiter in Inspector negate the need to set the Frame rate limiter in FSX? If no should the two be set to match eachother?
no set it to unlimited in game

Alex Ridge