Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Nvidia configuration guide (Inspector + 2xx.xx drivers) version 2.0 + explanations of all settings

Hello,Thank a lot for this information.1 question concerning the FPS limiter "Common section:Frame rate limiter: (requires Nvidia driver 290.xx or higher)"I run a config with 3 monitors (Mon 1 for spot view, Mon 2 for Plan G, Mon 3 2D cockpit) , is there a special rate to set with this config?Thanks in advance.

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

Im using the Inspector limiter (1.9.5.9) with the 285 drivers with no problems.

Chris Howard

Hi aall.Small issue. I installed nvidia inspector and made settings as it was shown above. Few days later I found that nvidia inspector vanished from my PC and all settings went back to previous. I had to re-download inspector again, change settings and it worked fine. Today I have found that nvidia inspector has vanished again and settings screwed up as well, went back to old settings. Any idea why nvidia inspector vanishes from my machine? Also Ryan said- "Inside FSX, uncheck AA and set filtering to Trilinear". I did that and I found that VC has rough edges. If I check AA back it looks much better. Any suggestions?Thank you.

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

Well, I tried cleaning out the drivers and upgrading to the latest 266.whatever from last week. I tried a couple different AA settings in Inspector (8xS, 8xSQ, 16xS). I rebooted. Nothing has worked. I duplicated the settings from this thread and when I run FSX, I get no AA. If I turn AA on inside FS, it looks great. If I turn it off inside FS, the drivers don't seem to be overriding FS's selection of "no AA thanks." Don't know if it's a Windows 7 thing (I just installed it so I'm still learning how it's different from Vista) or a permissions thing or what it is. But it's very odd, since Inspector is so simple to use, that I can't get it to work. I'll keep hammering away at it.
Hi.I have the same thing with my GTX 550 Ti

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

Anyone with huge shimmering playing graphics settings posted above in this thread? No matter if I use 8xS + 4xSS or 8xSQ + 2xSS, only way to reduce positively shimmering is setting 2x sparse grid supersampling or 4x SGSS. Unfortunately this has a huge impact on fps, expecially when in VC with PMDG 737NGX.Very very hungry.This problem is greater in some airport addons, less in other... I have just formatted and reinstalled FSX on a separate HDD. It is absolute plain, just two or three airports installed and only the PMDG 737NGX, no other.Cannot continue with this annoying FSX.My specs:I5 2500K @ stock clockGTX560Ti OCP8P67 DeluxeHDD WD Caviar Black

Edited by Rick99

I found a big solution for the bad frames when looking at the water (Shader 2.0)Do this:Anisotropic Filtering mode --> Application ControlledNow when looking to REX water shader 2.0 I have 35fps. (external locked) Even when looking over the horizon over the sea the frames do not drop :(

I found a big solution for the bad frames when looking at the water (Shader 2.0)Do this:Anisotropic Filtering mode --> Application ControlledNow when looking to REX water shader 2.0 I have 35fps. (external locked) Even when looking over the horizon over the sea the frames do not drop :(
You really want 16x anisotropic filtering. That is not enabled when you put it to application controlled.

Anyone with huge shimmering playing graphics settings posted above in this thread? No matter if I use 8xS + 4xSS or 8xSQ + 2xSS, only way to reduce positively shimmering is setting 2x sparse grid supersampling or 4x SGSS. Unfortunately this has a huge impact on fps, expecially when in VC with PMDG 737NGX.Very very hungry.This problem is greater in some airport addons, less in other... I have just formatted and reinstalled FSX on a separate HDD. It is absolute plain, just two or three airports installed and only the PMDG 737NGX, no other.Cannot continue with this annoying FSX.Hi,Try this setting: http://www.simforums...topic36586.htmlthats it.. enjoy the newer driversNOTE: A frame rate limiter has been added to NV Inspector .. I am not going to go into its use because quite frankly FPS Limiters are a placebo unless you are running older hardware, refuse to lower sliders and require their assistance.Those who use FPS limiters are simply overdriving their systems and trying to smooth out the overload. Problem is, if they look closely enough they will find that although in some situations smoothness is improved, its not corrected in all situations. Proper balance of the scenery and traffic sliders with respect to installed scenery and aircraft is the key to smooth performance.RobertMy specs:I5 2500K @ stock clockGTX560Ti OCP8P67 DeluxeHDD WD Caviar Black

Hey guys, i dont an high performance pc so any chance to give me you suggetions to fsx and nvidia insp settings?

i have an e5200 dual core OC 3.3ghz

Asus GT440 1gb DDR5

6gb Ram ddr3 1333 cl9

Any suggestion?

Thanks André

I too cannot get inspector to apply the changes.

When I press apply, nothing happens.

You need to select Ms Flight Simulator X on nvidia inspect

I've been trying to tweak my system to Ryan's suggestions and ran across a setting that jumped my frame rate from +/-30fps to +/-45fps. I set up nVidia Inspector for 8x-SQ and 2x SuperSampling as shown in the screen shots. I achieved the former frame rates and good pan behavior. While experimenting, I set SuperSampling off and the frame rate jumped as noted. At busy airports the frame rate drops into the 30s with excellent pan, rotate and zoom performance. Does anyone know what's up and whether or not I'm missing the point of the SuperSampling setting?

Thanks for your advice.