Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Nvidia configuration guide (Inspector + 2xx.xx drivers) version 2.0 + explanations of all settings

You need to select Ms Flight Simulator X on nvidia inspect

I know, and then pressing apply, but nothing is happening.

If I switch AA off in FSX the picture looks crap.

Isnt the point of Inspector to be able to do this?

Try running Nvidia Inspector with the "Run as administrator" command - it may not be writing to the profiles because of permissions issues.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I have a similar problem. My Filtering settings are identical to the ones in this thread but it wont work in FSX. It is still relying on FSX's AF. This is after I had done a complete reinstall of windows due to something going wrong. It worked fine earlier, why now is what I wonder?

also getting heaps of texture flashings like black vertical lines. I have done a bit of research but was unable to find a to the point answer.

That's the gist of it all - hopefully this gives you all a better understanding of what we're actually doing when we set up our video cards for FS.

Certainly dos!

Most helpfull post I have read since starting to fly, which was just before Christmas 2011.

Own a copy of FS 98 but never had a decent enough PC to run it. I always enjoyed flying with it though, but gave up after crashes etc. Few years have past and Im back into it with a decent enough PC to run FSX. I got right back into it, and and was excited in what was coming....MS Flight. After playing with FSX a bit and being blown away! I was sadly dissappointed with what they did with MS Flight by turning it into a game. Its not what I am after! I enjoy the simulation experience. Love flipping switches to get my PMDG 737NGX to start up, pushback, jetways, taxiing etc etc. Even the FMC that bugs out on me on occasion.

One paticular instance comes to mind. Takeoff from NZWN to NZCH via OKAPO BOLOD ALBAD.. the FMC cant keep me on the path. But thats unimportant as NZDN to NZCH works fine. May be due the ORBX SI scenery. I don't know and dont really care. Still awsome.

One question I would like to ask "Tabs" Any thing to add for a GTX 590 user? As far as the 8xSQ setup is concerned? I think FSX may be only using one of my GPU's processors and memory.

I have to say Im still a noob. Enjoying FSX, PMDG 737, and ORBX SI.

And I'm getting nasty hangs when swapping from "Locked Spot to Virt Cockpit" see pic. Can last for 10 to 20 seconds.

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x234/Giverail/FSX-Pics/ScreenPop.jpg

Any help , clues or suggestions would be appreciated!

Ty Ryan for your great great thread and for the suggestion you gave me short time back. I uninstalled my old 2x5870 and replaced with evga gtx 680.

Another world!

I setup my system as per this post and all is really great. I'm sure that with gtx680 I can achive also best results, but I prefere not to touch anything else - if not suggested.

There is a new version of inspector (1.9.6.4) that has more elements in sections AA/TF & General than the previous one. I enclose an image of it.

Suggestions for better performances are highly appreciated.

regards

Andrea

@Winky.

It is "another world" mainly because you got a super high-end GPU (GTX680) in place of an older one (HD 5870). It is obvious there is no race between those.

Anyway, I strongly suggest you (to get a more stunning graphics, as you have a powerful card) to try this setting:

8xSQ + 4x sparse grid supersampling. :wink:

Bye.

Cpt. Rick ty really so much for the hint. I will try it asap. (I'm on flight right now on the other window ......lemme land to LIPE 1st)

Well 2*HD5870 in crossfire are not as bad, but for FSX you have got plenty reasons! no race between them.

As for what I could undrestand (pls correct me if I'm wrong) FSX should be more CPU 'eater' than GPU. So last month I changed also my old 960 CPU.

Now my rig mounts a brand new i7-990 (water cooled) on an x58 chipset (rampage III Black Ed - unfortunatelly PCIe2 not 3) no stuttering at all, and the image quality is great. but fps is - in my opinion - quite low for such hw. (I'm a bit confused)

What I can't understand is why with C172(fsx default one) I get 20 to 25 fps media and with PMDG NGX is always at 30 fixed! and this make no sense for me should be opposite as the C172 should not be as heavy as the great NGX. (unless the stunning great 3dlights redux that I've mounted only on fsx default aircrafts is eating lot of fps??)

In anycase ty so much for the sugggestion you gave me ....just entering STAR Par1N ...ciao

L8r on, by this night, I will let you know how it works with 4xss - I will test C172 at LILE.

cheers

Andrea

Edit : Ty Cpt.R. I tested it and fps got a downgrade - on C172 18-20FPS. but still panning, rotating & zooming seems quite smooth. Sorry for not including another image but I dont want to fullfill this great thread.

Edited by winky

I'm not going to update the post for the new stuff until there's a non-beta 300 series driver...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I have now upgraded to a GTX680 from GTX480. Using the 2 x Sparse Grid Supersampling, 8xS Antialiasing and a VSync setting of 1/2 Refresh Rate. Using FSX own frame rate limiter set to 30 FPS.

With these settings, image quality is undoubtedly the best I have ever seen with FSX, no shimmering, or stuttering, liquid smooth and in general performance is fantastic with solid FPS........ BUT...... I am seeing a few too many stutters around detailed 3rd party airports with PMDG and other advanced 3rd party aircraft. Here I am less convinced and suspect the GTX480 may actually have been better or at least equal (fewer stutters and a few FPs better (3 or 4). Of course I am not going to repeatedly swap out cards and reload drivers to make comparisons but thats my current opinion. Admittedly, I was not running the GTX480 with the 2x SGSS.

Some auto gen scenery also seems to appear very late, even though I have almost all slider settings maxed out (only exceptions being water, cloud and traffic sliders. Hoping it is immature drivers on the GTX680. I'm using the (non beta) 301.10 driver. I doubt FSX is high on nVidia's FSX driver development agenda but perhaps Prepa3d is...

Another useful and currently active parallel thread on this topic I am following is this one: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/370594-read-before-posting-software-hardware-guide-for-fsx/

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

The official 301.42 WHQL driver was released today, is it time for updated post?

http://www.geforce.com/drivers/

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

The official 301.42 WHQL driver was released today, is it time for updated post?

Not sure about anyone else, but my Win 7 64bit was horrible and I had to system restore out of it. On the nVidia main site looks like there are problems with this driver. Hopefully this is an exception and most users are OK.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Give me some time to play with it a bit... I just ordered new monitors today (yes plural :P ) and I want to wait for those to show up tomorrow before I install these.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

Give me some time to play with it a bit... I just ordered new monitors today (yes plural :P ) and I want to wait for those to show up tomorrow before I install these.

Looked into this aswell. If I give it a go, how easy is it to reinstall the driver I had?

My setup:

md11.jpg

46890629297924498581412.jpg

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.