Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Nvidia configuration guide (Inspector + 2xx.xx drivers) version 2.0 + explanations of all settings

Remove 8x sparse grid and see what happens.

It does improve a little, but I'm talking about (shimmering), those are the only settings I found to reduce it to minimum on my computer, (tried through TH2GO and directly from graphic card output).

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | Samsung G9 49" Curved Monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

8x SGSSAA is insane - I wouldn't use that under any circumstances. You're rendering internally at 8 times the displayed resolution - no card in existence can do that and maintain performance.

You guys have to realize that it's literally impossible to fully eliminate aliasing/shimmering - it's the result of the physics of how monitors display 3D images. You can minimize it with the kinds of settings I've shown, but you will never ever eliminate it completely - there's serious diminishing returns with it past a certain point where you're getting very little improvement in the image in exchange for losing a ton more performance.

Btw, that Multiple/Single Display Performance Mode setting does nothing in FSX or in any Direct3D app - it's an OpenGL only setting. (as are a couple others like Triple Buffering)

I thought this didn't work on multicore processors.

"FIBER FRAME TIME FRACTION - With ANY multicore processor AFTER SP1 TOTALLY USELESS"

May 13, 2009 NickN

Thanks,

Mark

He's referring to this I'm sure:

http://blogs.msdn.co...f-the-week.aspx

Read Word Not Allowed's thread though, he showed that it does have an effect even on multicore machines when you use RejectThreshold or BP=0 in conjunction with the internal limiter. Those tweaks were not around when Phil wrote his article and the interaction changes as a result. I tried a variety of values and did notice a difference in how long it took to load terrain textures in, just as Word Not Allowed pointed out.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Thanks for the clarification Ryan. I'll give this a try sometime today.

Cheers,

Mark

Guys,

I may have made a breakthrough on windowed mode Vsync stuff - I'm having a few others check it first (Word Not Allowed and *******) but if they verify what I've seen here I'll include it in the new setup post I'm gonna do. This technique allows for the use of the full Windows 7 Aero desktop with FSX running (normally not possible since it disables it automatically) and that ends up enabling the same kind of Vsync FSX uses in fullscreen mode. Both look equally smooth to me now with no tearing in either mode.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guys,

I may have made a breakthrough on windowed mode Vsync stuff - I'm having a few others check it first (Word Not Allowed and *******) but if they verify what I've seen here I'll include it in the new setup post I'm gonna do. This technique allows for the use of the full Windows 7 Aero desktop with FSX running (normally not possible since it disables it automatically) and that ends up enabling the same kind of Vsync FSX uses in fullscreen mode. Both look equally smooth to me now with no tearing in either mode.

Oeh that is great!!! Keep us posted!!

This technique allows for the use of the full Windows 7 Aero desktop with FSX running (normally not possible since it disables it automatically) and that ends up enabling the same kind of Vsync FSX uses in fullscreen mode. Both look equally smooth to me now with no tearing in either mode.

Oh man, if this would be come true ...

:Hug: :yahoo: :lol:

Remind me if you ever come to Berlin: you'll get an evening with free drinks!

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inspector settings:

Antialiasing - Setting: 4xS

Antialiasing - Transparency Supersampling : 2x Sparse Grid Supersampling

Vertical Sync - 1/2 Refresh Rate

(rest of the Inspector settings are as they were in the last update to my guide with the exception of the framerate limiter, which is disabled now)

I have an "old card": GTX 470 and my settings are 8xSQ and 2xSGSS. The image is amazing locked at 30fps

I setup my clouds to 512x512 in my favorite weather program, above that it seems to start stutter a lot.

AF to app controled and anisio at FSX marked on. Max pre-render frames to 1 because I have one graphic card.

Bellow is a screen of my settings:

Untitled.png

Bad news unfortunately - the workaround didn't work for Word Not Allowed, so I'm probably not going to publish it (or if I do it's going to be with a disclaimer that it probably won't work)

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

Bad news unfortunately - the workaround didn't work for Word Not Allowed, so I'm probably not going to publish it (or if I do it's going to be with a disclaimer that it probably won't work)

I'd love to try it Ryan, if it doesn't work, then no big deal. I think I speak on behalf of everyone here the effort is very much appreciated regardless

I'd love to try it Ryan, if it doesn't work, then no big deal. I think I speak on behalf of everyone here the effort is very much appreciated regardless

+1 on both sentences!

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester

Yep, tried allready Ryans ideas and it seems to work for me.

Go on....

Peter Frey

LSZH

It works great Ryan!!! you don't know what you've done... triple buffered Vsync in windowed mode FTW

For anyone willing to try it:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/375526-addendum-to-vsync-fix-windowed-mode/

I only ever use AA_MODE_METHOD_SUPERVCAA_64X_4v12 with 2x Sparse Grid Supersampling

No shimmering, no jaggies, perfectly smooth. Try it!

-Iain Watson-

I only ever use AA_MODE_METHOD_SUPERVCAA_64X_4v12 with 2x Sparse Grid Supersampling

No shimmering, no jaggies, perfectly smooth. Try it!

Hi Iain,

Please, can you post your settings, please? I would try it.

Thanks a lot :)

Gerard Cabezón
Check my Youtube's Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Gerardius